So proud of my home state

Obviously there's the context of the history of slavery separating the two issues, but I don't see how you can look at this picture and think that (at least some of the time) drag is anything but a man in an over the top and offensive woman costume, similar to blackface. Like, this is what you think women are? I can see the argument that it is offensive in some similar ways to blackface.

View attachment 542508

Sam, I wouldn't even try to draw this comparison. It's really ****ing asinine and the overwhelming majority of women would disagree with you here.

Crime and local road maintenance are mostly a City issue.

Interstate and state highways aren't. Shelby has taken over some state highway maintenance at their own expense because the state won't do it. The Staye failed miserably with i40 bridge here...

State crime labs arent...

Sam, I wouldn't even try to draw this comparison. It's really ****ing asinine and the overwhelming majority of women would disagree with you here.

Seriously, though. asinine as it may seem, how is one offensive and the other not? It is literally mocking womanhood by wearing a costume as an over the top stereotype of womanhood. Unless we are saying that wearing stereotypical costumes is not offensive?

Not offensive?

tumblr_mgdqd973Q11rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg

Seriously, though. asinine as it may seem, how is one offensive and the other not? It is literally mocking womanhood by wearing a costume as an over the top stereotype of womanhood. Unless we are saying that wearing stereotypical costumes is not offensive?

Not offensive?

View attachment 542517

If you think the point is mocking womanhood (like blackface is mocking/denigrating to blacks folks) then I'm guessing you haven't asked a drag queen why they do it.

I will stress the only two people I've ever heard bring this take are you and another man.

We'll start with lopping off private parts or surgically adding private parts in an attempt to mimic the opposite sex. If more need to be added after that, it's possible.

So just the ones that make you feel icky. Lol.

I'm glad most people don't share your vision of freedom.

If you think the point is mocking womanhood (like blackface is mocking/denigrating to blacks folks) then I'm guessing you haven't asked a drag queen why they do it.

I will stress the only two people I've ever heard bring this take are you and another man.

I got the notion from listening to Heather Heying. She's a woman.

Why does the drag queen's intent matter? Can it not be offensive regardless of intent? Everything else can be.

I got the notion from listening to Heather Heying. She's a woman.

Why does the drag queen's intent matter? Can it not be offensive regardless of intent? Everything else can be.

I guess it depends on how thin the audience's skin is.

Most would argue that drag is a celebration of womanhood. Find me a drag queen dressed as Dolly Parton who doesn't worship the ground she walks on.

Nah, most cosmetic surgery I find ridiculous. The women walking around with duck lips and botox face look worse than they did before the procedure.

Yeah but you don't want to outlaw those. Tits? Fine. Lips? Fine. Butts? Fine?

Got forbid someone else takes a scalpel to their nethers. That's where volgr draws the line. Lol.

Reactions: ClearwaterVol

VN Store

Back