Spurrier already whining! (merged)

Old news. Move on.

Why people don't do a search before trying to break some big story is beyond me.

Spurrier is a douche. He knows he is screwed. It is sosad that he has to stoop to this level. The phrase "grasping at straws" comes to mind.

Sour Grapes. Kiffen lured his bro-in-law QB coach away and it ticked him off. What the ole Bawl coach has lost in football genius he's retained in spoiled brat tact.

I think Spurrier is just repeating the national narative so far. Is this guy ready for Prime Time? Just kidding, as a Gamecock fan were not all too torn up about David Reeves leaving. He was our Recruiting coordinator/QB coach in title, but we all know who the QB coach was.

His recruiting coordinator role had been relegated to keeping up the spreedsheet of who talked to who and where. Shane Beamer had really become the star of recruiting and was going to get the title anyway this offseason, and since David does not really coach a position it was going to either be an experiment to see if he could coach a position or he would have been let go. Shane was taking over all the in state recruiting and Reeves was going to be sent out of state since he rubbed many high school coaches of the best teams in the state the wrong way.

He is a nice kid, but not sure he has ever coached an actual position for anyone, not to mention a D1 school. It is definitely novice hour with him.

Last edited:
Spurrier just can't live without taking a shot at a UT coach...He lives for it, I still believe its jealousy of never living his dream of being a VOL...I don't think coach Kiffin is too afraid of that old geezer.

I think Spurrier is just repeating the national narative so far. Is this guy ready for Prime Time?

the guy has been a recruiting coordinator already at a BCS school. I'm pretty sure Kiffin knows the rules and SOS is grasping at straws. Desperate times in Columbia

the guy has been a recruiting coordinator already at a BCS school. I'm pretty sure Kiffin knows the rules and SOS is grasping at straws. Desperate times in Columbia

Well with a bowl win we are 8-5 and we beat you by 3 touch downs this year. We have some issues, but not nearly as many as you guys.

He just lost the coach he liked to pick on the most, his recruiting coordinator to the school of the coach he liked to pick on the most, and quite possibly the top recruit that the leaving recruiting coordinator had been working with. Throw in the fact that he is second fiddle to a growing number of SEC schools and the shine on his name is not what it used to be and you have a grumpy old ball coach.

Personally, I am loving every minute of it!!

Well with a bowl win we are 8-5 and we beat you by 3 touch downs this year. We have some issues, but not nearly as many as you guys.

we had a couple issues and they're gone now. Let us know when you figure out how to beat Vandy

we had a couple issues and they're gone now. Let us know when you figure out how to beat Vandy

When you tell me how to beat Wyoming, I will send the game plan to Spurrier and see if it will work against Vandy:eek:lol:

I am not here flaming fellas, I was just giving you some inside info on Reeves mostly. He just needs to start small, with a single position, if he gets a coordinator position, he may do great, but it would be a HUGE gamble.

Congrats. You beat UT in the worst season in its history. Enjoy it while you can....wont be long till your back being the SEC East whipping boy, along with Vandy and UK where you belong. I would hope Reeves wasnt coaching the QB's there....they may be the only two more sorry than ours.

:)

(all in good fun, no ill will intended).

When you tell me how to beat Wyoming, I will send the game plan to Spurrier and see if it will work against Vandy:eek:lol:

I am not here flaming fellas, I was just giving you some inside info on Reeves mostly. He just needs to start small, with a single position, if he gets a coordinator position, he may do great, but it would be a HUGE gamble.

Whatever dude. Enjoy 8-5 and a 3rd rate bowl. Its nice for Spurrier that he is at a school where that is acceptable every year.

How's that defense after its gangrape by Clemson and Florida?

Which hire makes you more nervous, Kiffin or Dabo Swinney?

What amazes me is that this story is the front page story on Yahoo! right now. The headline is "Coach's Rocky Start".

How could they even place the article so prominently without checking to see if there was truth to it first? At least ESPN didn't do that.

Whatever dude. Enjoy 8-5 and a 3rd rate bowl. Its nice for Spurrier that he is at a school where that is acceptable every year.

How's that defense after its gangrape by Clemson and Florida?

Which hire makes you more nervous, Kiffin or Dabo Swinney?

Florida is the only team in the East anyone in the East should be concerned with. South Carolina has 4 million people Tenn as 6 million, but we produce more D1 talent per year than Tenn.

Tenn made a living in the 1990's going into other states that at the time had weak programs and weak recruiting to make up for the lack of talent in their state.

NC has Butch Davis and NC State is on the rise, people aint scared to goto Wake anymore,.

SC has Spurrier and make fun of Dabo all you want, but the man recruits great.

Georgia has Richt and now GT is no joke.

Florida, Meyer, Jimbo,,,,

Bama Saban,, nuff said.

LSU is back, forget Lousianna

Even Kentucy is doing better.

This recipe boys means the guys in the state that has 28 million people are the ones to be worried about.

You're not worried about us, were not worried about you.

We have our problems as well, but sometimes you need to look at the landscape around you as the issue not necessarily the coach. Fulmer did not forget how to coach or recruit,, it's just what he was selling was available elsewhere and closer to home than in the past, so they stayed, and you digressed.

May not like it, but it's the way it is.

Last edited:

How about you tell us how SC plans to beat UT more than once every decade or generation? UT could go winless for the next 10 years and not be the monumental failure that SC's program is.

What amazes me is that this story is the front page story on Yahoo! right now. The headline is "Coach's Rocky Start".

How could they even place the article so prominently without checking to see if there was truth to it first? At least ESPN didn't do that.

It was the only way they could use their extremely clever play on words. Journalists should focus more on the integrity of their reporting than the catchiness of the headline.

If it was news 2 days ago in the real world, then it was on here 47 hours and 59 minutes ago.

Poor Mods. This has been a tough time. No wonder the basketball thread is separate.

VN Store

Back