Student football tickets

Fair enough. I agree that if you are that unhappy about it just don't go. I personally will definitely still be in attendance but that doesn't mean I have to like the system. I was wrong for thinking this way obviously but I guess I just thought that my school valued its students more. And I don't mean that in a whiny way, just realistically speaking I honestly didn't realize that they don't put our interests first. It's my fault for not understanding that (not sarcasm).
then the powers at be have won.

i think there's still a bit of an overreaction in this post though....we are talking about student entertainment here when you cut thru the bull. it's not like they're kicking you out of school or anything, or not going to provide with the opportunity to eat......they're saying a ticket to the game costs $15.

did anyone have to pay for tickets to their high school football games? i remember having to pay like $4 for a ticket to my high school games.....this really isn't a big deal.

I do not know what Gym's you are going to but I can get a 100$ year long membership that has much more and nicer facilities than the TRECS, along with multiple locations

Okay, even taking into account your fantasy gym that chages $8.33 a month, the price of basketball tickets alone would eat up your entire activities fee.

Well, we didn't endearingly refer to UT as the "Big Orange Screw" for nothing. The truth is the state could do a much better job of supporting its universities which would really reduce the nickel and diming UT is forced to do in order to support a number of its employees and programs. This is not easy to fix though. The ticket price hike is a result of the market we've created by fostering a free agent coaching carousel. $90 is the price students are going to pay in order to afford the Nick Saban's of the world down the line.

Okay, even taking into account your fantasy gym that chages $8.33 a month, the price of basketball tickets alone would eat up your entire activities fee.
Mikes fantasy gym has water aerobics and thats where the 8.33 is such a value.

Enough with the facts. You need to add some emotionally charged inaccuracies to your posts. That's the sign of true genius.

Oh, yeah, I'm sorry. Apparently, needing more money to stay competitive is just a big lie. We were competitive before...why do we need money now. (There's no such thing as inflation, rising gas costs, rising wages, etc)

When I posted facts I got:
"It seems Josh needs to go to another SEC school...we liked things the way they were!"

"appearently josh's parents pay for everything he wants"

"have you never heard of an activities fee josh?"

If I'd just posted ridiculous drivel, everyone would have loved me.

Kind of like broke college kids lecturing donors on how they should have to give up their premium seats in a basketball arena said donors built so the broke ass students can see better. Tit for tat, my friend.

I don't remember complaining about the student section in Thompson-Boling. I'm fine with it.

Oh, yeah, I'm sorry. Apparently, needing more money to stay competitive is just a big lie. We were competitive before...why do we need money now. (There's no such thing as inflation, rising gas costs, rising wages, etc)

When I posted facts I got:
"It seems Josh needs to go to another SEC school...we liked things the way they were!"

"appearently josh's parents pay for everything he wants"

"have you never heard of an activities fee josh?"

If I'd just posted ridiculous drivel, everyone would have loved me.

But I feel like I shouldn't have to pay for tickets, so that's the way it should be.

Oh, forgot the little guy that made fun of my stature. I'm 6'4", 280, still a bit small for their beloved O-Linemen. A 5'2" kid apparently has room to talk.

I really don't like it how people just assume that a lot of us don't work and go out all of the time. Let's put it this way: I get no help from my parents, I have student loans, I work 3-4 days per week (all my weekends), I have a double major, I write for the Beacon for free, and I have to pay rent, etc.

Yes, I admitted I paid for either UGA or Bama tickets, but that about breaks the bank. Sorry if $90 doesn't seem like a lot to people who have full time jobs, but when you've got to stress about where your next month's rent and gas and food money come from, an additional $90 might break one's budget if they are living paycheck to paycheck.

I love it that people who make 50K now are lecturing the truly broke college kids on how our situations aren't that bad.
a)i worked my way thru school
b)i paid rent, and utility bills and car payments all thru school.
c)i had student loans--THAT I DIDN"T HAVE TO PAY OFF UNTIL AFTER I GRADUATED (just made the last payment!!!:pepper:)
d)i was a full time student
e)i never struggled finding the money to do what i truly wanted to do. and i spent more money in booze for football weekends than i would have for the $90 season ticket.:thumbsup:

so, been there, done that, got the t shirt. i'm not assuming. i'm speaking from experience.

There's always a way to make ends meet. Whether it's through loans, jobs, etc, you can do it if you have to. I spend more money on "extracurriculars" than I do tuition each semester, I'm sure.

c)i had student loans--THAT I DIDN"T HAVE TO PAY OFF UNTIL AFTER I GRADUATED (just made the last payment!!!:pepper:)
e)i never struggled finding the money to do what i truly wanted to do. and i spent more money in booze for football weekends than i would have for the $90 season ticket.:thumbsup:

so, been there, done that, got the t shirt. i'm not assuming. i'm speaking from experience.

First of all, congratulations on paying off your loans...someday I too hope to be there.

I'm not saying that I have to pay them off during school. They are deferred, I was just giving an idea of my personal situation.

Also, I am not trying to assume anything, but most people's parent's help out with the little things, or have insurance to help with contacts, etc. If you have none of that, then yes, $90 is just one more bill on top of a long line of others that somewhere, somehow I will have to pay off.

Plus, in '97, gas was 1/4 of the cost.

ditto on everything except having the loans payed off...(you lucky son of a .....). My best jobs were waiting tables (great money, good hours) and working a liquor store (good money, good hours, did homework at work and saved tons on alcohol).

I think the only problem with this is it opens the door to continue to jack the prices up on students in the future. $90 isn't that big of a deal really, but if they jack this up every year it could start to get ridiculous.

First of all, congratulations on paying off your loans...someday I too hope to be there.

I'm not saying that I have to pay them off during school. They are deferred, I was just giving an idea of my personal situation.

Also, I am not trying to assume anything, but most people's parent's help out with the little things, or have insurance to help with contacts, etc. If you have none of that, then yes, $90 is just one more bill on top of a long line of others that somewhere, somehow I will have to pay off.

Plus, in '97, gas was 1/4 of the cost.
that's the thing...you don't HAVE to do anything......simply don't pay it.

as for gas prices...when i moved to Atlanta in the fall of 97, gas was $.75 a gallon......if that were the case today, i'd be rolling around in money.

150 for cable and internet...as for gas prices...when i moved to Atlanta in the fall of 97, gas was $.75 a gallon......if that were the case today, i'd be rolling around in money.

That is some expensive cable and internet, you going with the premium's like HBO or just in an area with no alternatives? Also, man isn't that the truth about gas? I can remember filling up for under $20.

that's the thing...you don't HAVE to do anything......simply don't pay it.

as for gas prices...when i moved to Atlanta in the fall of 97, gas was $.75 a gallon......if that were the case today, i'd be rolling around in money.

But seriously...UT is not too much different than Memphis or MTSU without football.

That is some expensive cable and internet, you going with the premium's like HBO or just in an area with no alternatives?

For me it's like $136 for comast with digital hd cable (no movie channels) with a dvr box and internet.

and i'm not saying i didn't have any help, but i was hte primary responsible party for my finances while in school, and i made it work just fine. sometimes that meant living with several roomates, sometimes that meant i couldn't make the road trip to Gainesville or Auburn or Alabama, sometimes that meant i had to work 10 or 15 extra hours a month.......but either way, i made it work out.....i have a feeling the majority of people complaining here will find themselves in the same boat.

That is some expensive cable and internet, you going with the premium's like HBO or just in an area with no alternatives? Also, man isn't that the truth about gas? I can remember filling up for under $20.
high speed cable...$46 a month....direct tv hddvr...with the sports pak and NFL ticket.....no hbo or other movie channels.. realistically, it's more like 110-120 a month all total.....150 a bit high i admit.

But seriously...UT is not too much different than Memphis or MTSU without football.
well, you could check on tuition at either school, and maybe you could save a bundle........:thumbsup:

and i'm not saying i didn't have any help, but i was hte primary responsible party for my finances while in school, and i made it work just fine. sometimes that meant living with several roomates, sometimes that meant i couldn't make the road trip to Gainesville or Auburn or Alabama, sometimes that meant i had to work 10 or 15 extra hours a month.......but either way, i made it work out.....i have a feeling the majority of people complaining here will find themselves in the same boat.

Obviously, I'm not going homeless over this, but having free tickets was something you could fall back on when things like tutition are raised. "At least there's football."

It sucks, and I will hopefully :crossfingers: have a permenant press pass, but as an out of state student the benefits are quickly being overrun by the negatives.

VN Store

Back