Student football tickets

I don't think the other people in the thread understand this.

I think that they are just looking at us like a bunch of freeloaders who should be HAPPY that we can pay $15 to get a ticket, since it takes a long time to get season tickets (last I heard anyway), and face value is more than 15.

I'm just miffed that we are already paying a hefty SAF fee, and then they add more onto it.

I pay the SAF fee and $90 isn't going to cause me any more pain.

That is the worst argument I've heard on the topic, or any topic for that matter...maybe ever period. Yea lets just give up on all matter and let the powers at be run anything and everything with zero input. That's the real world.
:eek:lol:it's such a pity youth is wasted on the young.

A guy that's 700 yards from being the all-time rusher here, a 2nd draft pick at LB and a 3 year starter.

Really irrelevant there.

Dismissing the Clausens and Ainge is a joke too. That's 6.

Cody Pope is from California.

Kenny O'Neal is from Cali.

85 scolarships

I'll gladly pay a $90 ticket price to keep from becoming UGA.

I acknowledge that there are a few. And that counting out Ainge and Clausen isn't fair because they technically are impact players (I just didn't like them). Again the whole point was that us playing in California didn't land those guys.

Last time I checked UGA was in a BCS bowl last season. And while we may have beaten them recently head to head I feel like they were clearly a better team.

That is the worst argument I've heard on the topic, or any topic for that matter...maybe ever period. Yea lets just give up on all matter and let the powers at be run anything and everything with zero input. That's the real world.
Ah, idealism......i remember that.
I can assure you that many, many posters on this board are all too familiar with the activities fee.
:yes:

I acknowledge that there are a few. And that counting out Ainge and Clausen isn't fair because they technically are impact players (I just didn't like them). Again the whole point was that us playing in California didn't land those guys.

Last time I checked UGA was in a BCS bowl last season. And while we may have beaten them recently head to head I feel like they were clearly a better team.

How do you know that?

I don't give a rat's ass about UGA last season. Look when the last time they traveled further west than Fayetteville. It's a joke.

They play ASU at ASU this season.

your 'feelings' aside, fortunatley i have a scoreboard that is definite.

It's called sarcasm. I can start adding that in parenthesis if that'll help you read better (sarcasm).

And way to comment twice on the same thing and not once contribute anything to the discussion (sarcasm).
nvm. not worth it. have a nice day.

How do you know that?

I don't give a rat's ass about UGA last season. Look when the last time they traveled further west than Fayetteville. It's a joke.

They play ASU at ASU this season.

I don't know that but people want to use it as justification for traveling all the way out there when you can't prove it either way. I wouldn't care if I wasn't now personally having to pay for an increase in "travel fees". I think it's great that we go out there I suppose as long as I'm not footing the bill.

We have 3 players on our roster from California, they have 1. They save a ton of money.

ok, you want a contribution, here you go.......

not only do you NOT have a say so in this decision, you also pay for the luxury of the powers at be to do this to you.

and should you decide to continue your education at UTK, you not only will have to continue to pay those same people that did this to you, you will also have to pay them so you can enjoy the football games.

so, have all the input you want. write a letter, send an email, or walk on over to the AD's office and tell him what you think....go nuts.

then get out your check book and make it payable to University of Tennessee Athletic department.

enjoy the season.

or

don't go.

pond or pool, doesn't matter to me. but as i've stated, i'd of gladly paid the $90 back then in order to guarantee myself a seat at all the games. if you can't see that and would rather cry about it, again, fine with me....i really could care less, as i'll be watching all the games from the comfort of my sports room....here in the real world.:salute:

whats idiotic is saying that its ok for the University to make the students pay for Fulmer's tuition, to make the students pay so that other students can come to UT in the form of athletic scholarships. Its ridiculous.
The university isn't "making" you pay for it. They're giving you a choice. If you feel a given game is worth $15, you buy a ticket. If you don't, you simply don't purchase a ticket. It's market economics. Yet another subject the esteemed faculty at UT is obviously doing a miserable job of teaching.

The university isn't "making" you pay for it. They're giving you a choice. If you feel a given game is worth $15, you buy a ticket. If you don't, you simply don't purchase a ticket. It's market economics. Yet another subject the esteemed faculty at UT is obviously doing a miserable job of teaching.
:eek:lol:

ok, you want a contribution, here you go.......

not only do you NOT have a say so in this decision, you also pay for the luxury of the powers at be to do this to you.

and should you decide to continue your education at UTK, you not only will have to continue to pay those same people that did this to you, you will also have to pay them so you can enjoy the football games.

so, have all the input you want. write a letter, send an email, or walk on over to the AD's office and tell him what you think....go nuts.

then get out your check book and make it payable to University of Tennessee Athletic department.

enjoy the season.

or

don't go.

pond or pool, doesn't matter to me. but as i've stated, i'd of gladly paid the $90 back then in order to guarantee myself a seat at all the games. if you can't see that and would rather cry about it, again, fine with me....i really could care less, as i'll be watching all the games from the comfort of my sports room....here in the real world.:salute:

You aren't understanding my take at all. I'm not saying that I anticipate writing Mike Hamilton to do anything. But if no one shows how upset we are, where does the increase end? He needs to have a reason to really use charging students more money as a last resort. Even if that means the possibility of getting carpal tunnel from clicking delete on 14,000 emails.

And Mike Hamilton is replaceable. Plus I don't think enough of my tuition and/or activities fee goes to his salary for me to lose any sleep over that. I don't think he's a bad man or that he's done a bad job, if anything I think he's done a pretty good job. I just don't agree with how he has handled this situation. Apparently it's not ok for me to disagree.

we already pay for tickets in our activities fee, is that price going to go away in the activities fee??? if not then yes they making us pay

we already pay for tickets in our activities fee, is that price going to go away in the activities fee??? if not then yes they making us pay
No, your activities fee pays for crap like women's tennis, golf, crew, and track and field.

If you'll notice, his grammar class isn't doing him very well either.

VN Store

Back