Stupid Georgia...(merged)

While I would like to agree with you about that I think he is just trying to stir the pot. But other than that you are correct.

The thing is that everyone is acting like it was in our plan to play Hawaii. That is just crazy talk. We cannot help who was picked to play us or our position in the poles. Even though before the game the media picked Hawaii to win (along with alot of posters on this board) and after they said that they didnt belong on the same field. I dont get how everyone has the luxury of back tracking.

The fact is you guys took care of business so you got the opportunity to play in the SEC championship game and I will bet that if you ask any real UGA fan they would have much rathered had the opportunity to play LSU than having to play in the Sugar against an overmatched Hawaii team.

Well, you're being honest and it is appreciated....Ya'll have a good team, a good program and a good Coach....Your strengths become our strengths because if we beat you.....Good things tend to happen....It's part of being in the SEC....I want Georgia and Florida to keep competing for National Championships for the next twenty years....cause....if you do....it means Tennessee has a shot....

I think what he is saying, Georgia came out smelling like a rose by not playing in the SECCG. I even heard the analyst on ESPN talking about it. If Georgia had gone and lost to LSU, they would not have gone to the Sugar Bowl, drilled Hawaii and be getting quite as much preseason hype as they are getting. Of course you want to go to the SECCG, everyone does, but it actually hurt UT last year, only becuase we lost. You have to play one more game, mark another loss on your record, it hurts your ranking while another team sits back, watches the game and steps right in to a BCS Bowl game. Now, if you had gone and beat LSU, then it would have been a different story. But, if we had beaten LSU, it would have been a different story too. We would have been in the Sugar Bowl pounding Hawaii.
Anyways, how it turned out really worked out well for the Dawgs last year. I think that is what he was saying.

THat is a good representation of the point
I wanted to make. Which brings up the never dying issue of "why are there conference championship games in some but not all confrences when merely playing but not winning could put you in a worse bowl than a team who could not even make it to their championship game??

Well, you're being honest and it is appreciated....Ya'll have a good team, a good program and a good Coach....Your strengths become our strengths because if we beat you.....Good things tend to happen....It's part of being in the SEC....I want Georgia and Florida to keep competing for National Championships for the next twenty years....cause....if you do....it means Tennessee has a shot....

I cannot agree with you; I don't think they have a good team at all. I believe thier schedule will reveal a DL that are midgets, no pass rush and pedestrian DB's.
Moreno is good however by the time they limp into our game, we will DESTROY them. I am looking forward to half a hundred again in Sanford toliet. Hopefully I can get to the game and enjoy watching the SEC's worst fans walk away with that suicide look on their face.

VOL DYNASTY!!!!!:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Have you forgotten they beat a Florida team that beat us by roughly 90 points?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Have you forgotten the timeline? UF beat UT badly, early and that on the strength of a 4th qtr collapse by the Vols. At that point, Mapu and Parrish were still starters, Berry was still out of position at CB, Vinson was still a WR, Ainge was still nursing a broken pinky AND fresh shoulder injury...

By mid-season, UT dominated UGA for the whole game... not just a qtr and change... a few weeks later, UGA impressively beat UF.

UGA has a very good D this year. I don't think their O will be as good as last year. They will be even younger and less experienced on the OL. They are searching for a dependable WR... I have no idea how Massaquoi is getting the love he's getting... just compare his numbers to Taylor's... or for that matter Rogers'. Moreno is excellent but two Sr backups who had quality PT in the SEC will be replaced by two guys who have never taken a college snap.

I think they are a 3-4 loss team. The media and fans will carp at Richt. He'll then bring that team back in 09 and be very good.

Have you forgotten the timeline? UF beat UT badly, early and that on the strength of a 4th qtr collapse by the Vols. At that point, Mapu and Parrish were still starters, Berry was still out of position at CB, Vinson was still a WR, Ainge was still nursing a broken pinky AND fresh shoulder injury...

By mid-season, UT dominated UGA for the whole game... not just a qtr and change... a few weeks later, UGA impressively beat UF.
and the next week we got absolutely embarrassed in Tuscaloosa.

I cannot agree with you; I don't think they have a good team at all. I believe thier schedule will reveal a DL that are midgets, no pass rush and pedestrian DB's.
Moreno is good however by the time they limp into our game, we will DESTROY them. I am looking forward to half a hundred again in Sanford toliet. Hopefully I can get to the game and enjoy watching the SEC's worst fans walk away with that suicide look on their face.

VOL DYNASTY!!!!!:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Please tell me how you came to this conclusion. This could be the most idiotic statement of the day.

92 Ball, Neland DE 6-6 232 RFr. Jackson, Ga. (Jackson)
41 Battle, Roderick DE 6-4 261 Jr. Atlanta, Ga. (Douglass)
64 DeGenova, Matthew DE 6-1 210 RFr. Kenner, La. (Jesuit)
58 Dobbs, Demarcus DE 6-2 266 RSo. Savannah, Ga. (Calvary Baptist)
69 Gully, Andrew DE 6-4 250 Jr. Vienna, Va. (James Madison)
42 Houston, Justin DE 6-3 240 RFr. Statesboro, Ga. (Statesboro)
68 Jacobs, Wes DE 6-2 245 Sr. Cordele, Ga. (Crisp County)
55 Lomax, Jeremy DE 6-4 247 Sr. Jonesboro, Ga. (Lovejoy)
99 Wynn, Jarius DE 6-5 273 Sr. Lincolnton, Ga. (Georgia Military College) (Lincoln County)
56 Atkins, Geno DT 6-1 290 Jr. Pembroke Pines, Fla. (St. Thomas Aquinas)
98 Crawford, Ricardo DT 6-1 297 RSo. Fair Bluff, N.C. (West Columbus)
90 Irvin, Corvey DT 6-4 286 Sr. Augusta, Ga. (Georgia Military College)
95 Owens, Jeff DT 6-3 298 Sr. Sunrise, Fla. (Plantation)
91 Weston, Kade DT 6-5 316 Jr. Red Bank, N.J. (Red Bank Regional)
97 Wood, Brandon DT 6-1 280 RSo. Buchanan, Ga. (Haralson County)

Last edited:
and the next week we got absolutely embarrassed in Tuscaloosa.

... and then went on a run to win the SECE, give LSU all they wanted, and defeat a Wisconsin team that was better in virtually every measurable way to the UM team that beat UF.

Fadeproof, I don't think UGA will have too many problems on D barring an injury bug.

I do think you have potentially serious issues on the OL and at WR. Hopeful notions that Massaquoi will finally fulfill his potential or a Freshman will be a phenom... shouldn't be a good enough basis for the hype that is following UGA right now.

Please tell me how you came to this conclusion. This could be the most idiotic statement of the day.

:).
Here is how;
Your DLine is far from world beaters. We pushed that SAME DLine around last year. We pretty much have the same OLine coming back. Your LB's don't scare anyone who can hold a block. Your D-backfield hasn't performed against a good offense (not to mention great offense). When your "D" has run up against a actual hard running team, they haven't been able to stop them.
You do have a week off before you play us however, I predict that your first five games will leave you limping and will have no depth for our game.
Your OLine will once again be patch worked. Moreno won't be able to run (if he doesn't get hurt) if he has DLinemen hanging off of him. You graduated your deep threat at WR, and Stafford has yet to prove he can consistently pass against a good D-backfield (which we have). All in all that = doom, doom, doom for your team.

VOLS FOREVER VOL DYNASTY STARTS IN 2008!!!:rock:

Last edited:
Fadeproof, I don't think UGA will have too many problems on D barring an injury bug.

I do think you have potentially serious issues on the OL and at WR. Hopeful notions that Massaquoi will finally fulfill his potential or a Freshman will be a phenom... shouldn't be a good enough basis for the hype that is following UGA right now.

The WR will be adequate and while the OL is a concern it is not that bad. We have 3 returning starters and 2 others that received signifant playing time. To me the biggest concern will be PK. We have no returning starter and are expecting a FR to take on those duties. As you know in the SEC there are atleast 1 or 2 games a year that come down to a last minute FG and to put that in the hands of a freshman is down right scary.

92 Ball, Neland DE 6-6 232 RFr. Jackson, Ga. (Jackson)
41 Battle, Roderick DE 6-4 261 Jr. Atlanta, Ga. (Douglass)
64 DeGenova, Matthew DE 6-1 210 RFr. Kenner, La. (Jesuit)
58 Dobbs, Demarcus DE 6-2 266 RSo. Savannah, Ga. (Calvary Baptist)
69 Gully, Andrew DE 6-4 250 Jr. Vienna, Va. (James Madison)
42 Houston, Justin DE 6-3 240 RFr. Statesboro, Ga. (Statesboro)
68 Jacobs, Wes DE 6-2 245 Sr. Cordele, Ga. (Crisp County)
55 Lomax, Jeremy DE 6-4 247 Sr. Jonesboro, Ga. (Lovejoy)
99 Wynn, Jarius DE 6-5 273 Sr. Lincolnton, Ga. (Georgia Military College) (Lincoln County)
56 Atkins, Geno DT 6-1 290 Jr. Pembroke Pines, Fla. (St. Thomas Aquinas)
98 Crawford, Ricardo DT 6-1 297 RSo. Fair Bluff, N.C. (West Columbus)
90 Irvin, Corvey DT 6-4 286 Sr. Augusta, Ga. (Georgia Military College)
95 Owens, Jeff DT 6-3 298 Sr. Sunrise, Fla. (Plantation)
91 Weston, Kade DT 6-5 316 Jr. Red Bank, N.J. (Red Bank Regional)
97 Wood, Brandon DT 6-1 280 RSo. Buchanan, Ga. (Haralson County)

UGA=OVERRATED & UNDERTESTED

All I'm saying is dawg fans need not shed a tear when the seaon gets off to a 1&4 start!

The WR will be adequate and while the OL is a concern it is not that bad. We have 3 returning starters and 2 others that received signifant playing time. To me the biggest concern will be PK. We have no returning starter and are expecting a FR to take on those duties. As you know in the SEC there are atleast 1 or 2 games a year that come down to a last minute FG and to put that in the hands of a freshman is down right scary.

Do you think Stafford will make any strides in his decision making?

If they don't start 1-4, will you promise to leave and never come back?

they beat us (highly unlikely) I will never come back, but only ask I be allowed to post IF we lose to them that day.

VOLS FOREVER VOL DYNASTY!!!!:rock::rock::rock:

:).
Here is how;
Your DLine is far from world beaters. We pushed that SAME DLine around last year. We pretty much have the same OLine coming back. Your LB's don't scare anyone who can hold a block. Your D-backfield hasn't performed against a good offense (not to mention great offense). When your "D" has run up against a actual hard running team, they haven't been able to stop them.
You do have a week off before you play us however, I predict that your first five games will leave you limping and will have no depth for our game.
Your OLine will once again be patch worked. Moreno won't be able to run (if he doesn't get hurt) if he has DLinemen hanging off of him. You graduated your deep threat at WR, and Stafford has yet to prove he can consistently pass against a good D-backfield (which we have). All in all that = doom, doom, doom for your team.

VOLS FOREVER VOL DYNASTY STARTS IN 2008!!!:rock:

LED SEC in Sacks
Held UF and Uk to lowest point totals of the year and our O returning 9 starters scored 40+ points in 6 games. I dont think it is as automatic as you make it out to be.

check out the stats for yourself

2007 SEC Football - Leaders

LED SEC in Sacks
Held UF and Uk to lowest point totals of the year and our O returning 9 starters scored 40+ points in 6 games. I dont think it is as automatic as you make it out to be.

check out the stats for yourself

2007 SEC Football - Leaders

A patchwork UF team that was riddled with injuries?
UK? whatever same story.
WHEN we beat you make sure you come back and take your whupping.

VOLS FOREVER VOL DYNASTY!!!:rock::rock::rock:

they beat us (highly unlikely) I will never come back, but only ask I be allowed to post IF we lose to them that day.

VOLS FOREVER VOL DYNASTY!!!!:rock::rock::rock:
Are you sure you want to make that bet? Somebody will bookmark it. If you've had a few nobody will give you too much crap if you retract.

VN Store

Back