Tennessee 17 Alabama 14.

BPV....agreed, USC only gets it with TX losing, probably a couple of times.

1 loss SEC and Big 12 teams > 1 loss Pac 10, big 10 teams

If PSU gets through their lame schedule undefeated, the voters should view it just as they would Boise St. going undefeated.

Be that as it may, that's the way the chips will fall. An undefeated Penn St team will get the BCS championship game bid.

There won't be any undefeated teams from BCS conferences before the conference championship games. JMHO

If Penn St goes undefeated and gets to play for the national championship, I'll vomit

If PSU gets through their lame schedule undefeated, the voters should view it just as they would Boise St. going undefeated.
i wouldn't go that far now....the big 10 is once again proving not to be a deep conf....wisc was a fraud, iowa sucks, N'western is a fraud, mich is nothing to shout about right now and so on......but MSU, OSU and PSU are three quality teams. And PSU gets to play both of them for the right to win the Big 10 c'ship.

if they're undefeated and TX is undefeated, i'll be surprised if it's not them in the NT game.

of course, i think PSU gets beat in Columbus this weekend, so it won't matter.

i wouldn't go that far now....the big 10 is once again proving not to be a deep conf....wisc was a fraud, iowa sucks, N'western is a fraud, mich is nothing to shout about right now and so on......but MSU, OSU and PSU are three quality teams. And PSU gets to play both of them for the right to win the Big 10 c'ship.

if they're undefeated and TX is undefeated, i'll be surprised if it's not them in the NT game.

of course, i think PSU gets beat in Columbus this weekend, so it won't matter.

Honestly, where do you think those three teams (MSU, OSU, and PSU) would finish in the SECE or SECW this year?

We could ask that question about said teams from any conference but the SEC just about every year. This year is no different.

True, but in the context of the possibility that you have a once beaten Florida team (having beaten a Top Five LSU, a Top Ten UGA, and a Top Five Alabama), with their only loss by one point to a decent Ole Miss team, I'm just saying it would suck for Florida to get left out versus Penn State getting in having ravaged a very pedestrian Big Ten.

True, but in the context of the possibility that you have a once beaten Florida team (having beaten a Top Five LSU, a Top Ten UGA, and a Top Five Alabama), with their only loss by one point to a decent Ole Miss team, I'm just saying it would suck for Florida to get left out versus Penn State getting in having ravaged a very pedestrian Big Ten.

I would tend to agree but if Penn State goes into Columbus and wins this week you're staring that scenario right in the face.

Honestly, where do you think those three teams (MSU, OSU, and PSU) would finish in the SECE or SECW this year?
PSU could be a contender in either division.

OSU probably peaks at a 2nd place finish in either division this season, and MSU is probably 3rd place team in either division......

so, to sum up.....PSU i think could finish in the top 3, OSU top 5, and MSU 6th or so.

nothing great, but i think the top of most conferences are comparable to each other......

USC is a great team. In a pretty weak conf, but no one really just thinks that they suck because of it....you take hte top 1 or 2 teams in the BCS confs., w/the exception of the Big East probalby, and those teams probably compete pretty well against each other.

look at your schedule....you did handle LSU, but but LSU might have 2 more losses coming up against GA and Bama. that win gets diminished, even if just a little. it's definteily no longer a win against a top 4 team.

by all rights, when the season is over, the only w on your schedule that could be of any significance might be the GA game. and say you beat them and they go out and lose to Auburn and GT, then all the sudden all they are is a 4 loss team.

we all get real excited about the SEC, and most years, rightfully so, but this season isn't over yet, and it might just turn out that this league is the one that is pedestrian.....with Bama and FL standing at the top. would that really be any different than what's going to happen this weekend in Columbus, between two teams in the top 10, and undefeated in conf. play, if both teams win out from this point forward, regardless of who wins?

just sayin'........

look at your schedule....you did handle LSU, but but LSU might have 2 more losses coming up against GA and Bama. that win gets diminished, even if just a little. it's definteily no longer a win against a top 4 team.

by all rights, when the season is over, the only w on your schedule that could be of any significance might be the GA game. and say you beat them and they go out and lose to Auburn and GT, then all the sudden all they are is a 4 loss team.

we all get real excited about the SEC, and most years, rightfully so, but this season isn't over yet, and it might just turn out that this league is the one that is pedestrian.....with Bama and FL standing at the top. would that really be any different than what's going to happen this weekend in Columbus, between two teams in the top 10, and undefeated in conf. play, if both teams win out from this point forward, regardless of who wins?

just sayin'........

No way Georgia loses to Auburn.

No way Georgia loses to Auburn.
maybe, maybe not, but my point simply is that the season is not over yet......still lots can happen, including Auburn beating GA. and should that happen, in addition to LSU, TN, GA, MIA losing any more games, just makes FL's schedule look......well......big10ish.

You sure can't blame Tennessee.

As has been said on this board more times than any human being could possibly tally, UT hasn't had anything to say about the national championship in a long time.

BTW, I do think that will change some day soon. But it is going to take that top level change just to kick start things and then some recruiting.

maybe, maybe not, but my point simply is that the season is not over yet......still lots can happen, including Auburn beating GA. and should that happen, in addition to LSU, TN, GA, MIA losing any more games, just makes FL's schedule look......well......big10ish.

This is correct. And so could losses by Mizzou or Oklahoma make Texas' big wins over them look not so great.

Florida has to show me another couple of games of LSU-type performance to even really merit this discussion. Its possible and of course I'm optimistic, but many games left to be played. And UF does have to go to a now-ranked FSU to end the regular season. That's no pcinic.

I would put MSU at about 10th or 11th in the SEC, OSU at about 8-9, and PSU at about 4-5.

That's a little drastic. In actuality, the bottom part of the SEC pretty much stinks, as it has for many years. The top four or five teams are usually very strong. OSU and Penn St. could compete in the SEC, but would have a tough time winning it. Ask Tennessee and Florida about Big Ten teams being capable of beating pretty good SEC teams the last couple of years. But make no mistake, the SEC is better at the top.

I would put MSU at about 10th or 11th in the SEC, OSU at about 8-9, and PSU at about 4-5.
there's only two teams in the SEC that i feel comfortable about saying PSU wouldn't beat.....FL and Bama. every other game is AT LEAST a question mark......and that list probalby ends past LSU and GA. they probably beat every other team in the SEC.
This is correct. And so could losses by Mizzou or Oklahoma make Texas' big wins over them look not so great.

Florida has to show me another couple of games of LSU-type performance to even really merit this discussion. Its possible and of course I'm optimistic, but many games left to be played. And UF does have to go to a now-ranked FSU to end the regular season. That's no pcinic.
exactly. Mizzou already has 2 losses and still has to go to KS. OK still has Tech, A&M and OK St.

the only team i know, for sure, that's going to win out and finish with one loss is USC.

Texas still has 4 tough looking games left (KS, OSU, TT and A&M).
then there's the big 12 title game.

PSU still has OSU and MSU

Bama still has LSU and AUB and SEC title game.
FL still has GA (FSU still shouldn't scare you LG) and SEC title game.

all that tells me is that it's still way up for grabs, and for once, when someone says "there's still a lot of football to be played" it's completely true this year.

VN Store

Back