Tennessee Lady Vol News

Maybe Kellie is just complimenting Powell, but we need Wells in a big way. Check out their stat comparisons, there is no comparison.

On whether there is a learning curve with Destinee Wells coming into the program…
"For Destinee in particular, the biggest challenge for her is to continue to look for her opportunities and not just defer. She can really score, and we've seen that. There are times when she will get into running the offense and look for her teammates. I just have to remind her of how good she is. We need her to look for scoring opportunities as well. Destinee can create shots for herself or other people."
The big comparison is that Jasmine has a career playing at the power 5 level and a year under her belt at Tennessee. Jasmine Powell was also a leading scorer on her former team and an all conference player. What is missing here is that there is no comparison at this level.

Reactions: travis929
Maybe Kellie is just complimenting Powell, but we need Wells in a big way. Check out their stat comparisons, there is no comparison.

On whether there is a learning curve with Destinee Wells coming into the program…
"For Destinee in particular, the biggest challenge for her is to continue to look for her opportunities and not just defer. She can really score, and we've seen that. There are times when she will get into running the offense and look for her teammates. I just have to remind her of how good she is. We need her to look for scoring opportunities as well. Destinee can create shots for herself or other people."
Destinee is a brilliant point guard as far as IQ meaning where to go with the ball and when to try to make a play herself. I am very excited about her ability to make this team so much better just by knowing where to throw the pass. I hope she can be as effective in her offensive game as she was with Belmont. Her efficiency percentage is something we haven't had at point guard in a very long time and never since Kellie has been coach.
Jasmine hopefully has vastly improved over what she provided last season. She was inconsistent on offense and had a lot of defensive breakdowns. From all I hear she has vastly improved in all phases of her game.
I like our point guards think this combo will be one of the best in the SEC.

If the game was played yesterday, then the videos of the team breakfast which took place Saturday morning is where elite G Jewel Spear was seen wearing a walking boot.
That would suggest she didn’t play in the scrimmage game against NC State on Sunday.
I believe that Jewel Spear is fine, and possibly suffered an injury that has sidelined her day to day. One positive sign is from the videos I’ve seen she is standing/walking without crutches.
Get well soon Jewel and come back stronger to compete for a 9th Nat’l championship on Rocky Top.
She did not play. She injured it last week.

Right now it looks like JP/Wells are going to make a great combo, w the most mins naturally falling toward whoever's best. KJH already rolled out that "doesn't matter who starts" stuff but she has been super high on DW. Happy dilemma.

Today we have all the ACC previews on the ACC Network saw that Saniya Rivers and our old friend Mimi Collins are back for another season. They also have River Baldwin back and Mallory Collier who we recruited for a while. Some really excellent rosters in the ACC. I would have to say that Notre Dame and North Carolina, Va tech and NC State look like the top four teams in that league. Duke looks good also, but will probably be dealing with freshmen and a lot of roster changes.

If all three have this type season, I will die a happy man. AND, we will not finish third.

Amusing that only one entity has chosen Rickea over Angel as POY. It was ESPN and yes, Charlie Creme.
Left out quite a few players that are better than a lot of players they put on the teams. It will all work out in the end.

If this Roster is as good as some state....and if Kellie Harper doesn't get at least a Elite Eight run...then what's next for her....worse case situation for her is for Lady Vols to fizzle out in 2nd Round ...but if Elite 8 or FF..she will be worshipped by some....make or break year for her imo...

If this Roster is as good as some state....and if Kellie Harper doesn't get at least a Elite Eight run...then what's next for her....worse case situation for her is for Lady Vols to fizzle out in 2nd Round ...but if Elite 8 or FF..she will be worshipped by some....make or break year for her imo...
I'm compartmentalizing this year. First step, win some dang meaningful games. Lots of ops coming up. Seeing the rankings come out makes me realize what a challenge Fla St, ND, Ind and OSU will be. Let's get it early and often, carry the mo to SEC season, and the finish will take care of itself.

An SEC Title (tournament or reg) and Elite 8 is def the goal

We can't be a four seed and make the elite 8 or further unless we do something like the Diamondbacks and Rangers did in Baseball. Winning in the regular season and getting that one or two seed is huge and being a one is a huge advantage getting beyond the sweet sixteen. We'll know about this team really early cause you have to win home games even if it is LSU, Ohio State, Norte Dame etc if your going to get that high seed. If were losing most of those games then this team is overrated and you can again look for sweet sixteen as the best option for the team. We'll know a lot after the pre-season games are over just like last year.

We can't be a four seed and make the elite 8 or further unless we do something like the Diamondbacks and Rangers did in Baseball. Winning in the regular season and getting that one or two seed is huge and being a one is a huge advantage getting beyond the sweet sixteen. We'll know about this team really early cause you have to win home games even if it is LSU, Ohio State, Norte Dame etc if your going to get that high seed. If were losing most of those games then this team is overrated and you can again look for sweet sixteen as the best option for the team. We'll know a lot after the pre-season games are over just like last year.
1-3 seed is preferable if we win the games we should and go 5-2/5-3 vs ranked teams should get that

Newest mock draft out has Rickea going 6th to the Mystics. As much as I'd love her on my team, I don't believe all three of Clark, Bueckers, and Cardoso will leave college this season, so she has the potential to be a lottery pick. Alot will depend on which teams get which picks; I can picture Clark staying if Indiana gets the #1 pick again. Cardoso is a definite lottery pick, could be #1 if the others decide to stay in college. Good to see ESPN so positive on Rickea though, can't wait for the draft!!

i think we could see a good bit of Powell/Wells/Jewel/Rickea/Karo or Jillian be played to run teams ragged for a bit

VN Store

Back