Tennessee Lady Vol News

Says we’re on the bubble
We have no quad 1 wins and a quad 2 loss and are 97th in the NET. I don’t get the case for even being a bubble team right now. The only thing we have that even approaches a resume win is Oklahoma, but they just got blown out by UNLV. They really aren’t that good.

Even the Florida State loss isn’t a lock to stay in quad 1.

And this is a personal thought, NOT a fact or based on anything I’ve heard, but I would not be at all shocked if Rickea does not return this season.

They keep teasing her return but she has an agent, she’s projected as a high pick already even not playing. She’s mentioned her body has taken a lot of wear and tear the last few years and her knees aren’t what they used to be, plus whatever this injury is. Wouldn’t be shocking if they decided to pack it in for her this season and just wait for her pro career, especially if there is little hope of an NCAA tournament berth. Why bother taking the risk of lowering your draft stock or taking on another injury for no good reason? A sad thought, but again, I wouldn’t be at all surprised.
If u think this you don’t know Rickea at all… and her character.

We have no quad 1 wins and a quad 2 loss and are 97th in the NET. I don’t get the case for even being a bubble team right now. The only thing we have that even approaches a resume win is Oklahoma, but they just got blown out by UNLV. They really aren’t that good.

Even the Florida State loss isn’t a lock to stay in quad 1.
The 2018-2019 season we finished eighth in the SEC and lost to Vanderbilt of all teams and still made the tournament. We were in 11th seed and lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Last year at this time, Tennessee had the same record and ended up getting a number four seed. The committee will take into consideration the injuries the early part of the season and how we're playing when the tournament comes around in March. We're playing much better than the 2018-2019 squad. Which isn't saying much but I wouldn't count Tennessee out of it yet

KJH won't have a say so, as she shouldn't. RJ is now in the hands of the trainers and docs. KJH has said several times she has to ask every day what the plan is for that day. The docs will tell her when its a go.

I guess a coach could put pressure on the trainers to step things up but that would be stupid on every level. It would risk reinjury, someone of the 10 people involved would surely bust her, and most of all its immoral and that's just not KJH.
Which goes back to where did the “day to day” come from. No need to say anything or did the plan change once the season went in a spiral.

Coaches can keep things close to the vest and should but once you speak and it gets sideways then it comes into question.

Which goes back to where did the “day to day” come from. No need to say anything or did the plan change once the season went in a spiral.

Coaches can keep things close to the vest and should but once you speak and it gets sideways then it comes into question.
Technically, I guess it has been day to day for Kellie since she has to ask everyday. Hard to hold it against KJH for being unable to form the words "Rickea will be out 4-6 weeks" though. Would have felt like acid on the tongue. But seriously, if you're just going to say just a little, and say it over and over, best to get it right.

Day to day has been the word throughout, except when a poster here who usually knows whereof he speaks, said it was always 4-6 weeks. Which is exactly what it will turn out to be. Day to day for 4-6 weeks lol.

Programs are in such a bad spot with info on injuries, suspensions, etc. If you say too much you're violating privacy rights. Say nothing, or too little, and crazy conspiracy theories fill the vacumn. Lose/lose.

Last edited:
The 2018-2019 season we finished eighth in the SEC and lost to Vanderbilt of all teams and still made the tournament. We were in 11th seed and lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Last year at this time, Tennessee had the same record and ended up getting a number four seed. The committee will take into consideration the injuries the early part of the season and how we're playing when the tournament comes around in March. We're playing much better than the 2018-2019 squad. Which isn't saying much but I wouldn't count Tennessee out of it yet

Yes, but we didn’t have the same kind of losses last season.

We lost to 5 quality teams either by a close margin or away/neutral court. Losing by 20 at home and then to MTSU dropped us way down in the net. You’d have to tell me where we were in the net this time last season but I don’t believe we ever dropped out of the top 50.

I do expect this team to be much better in March than they are now, but the damage is mostly already done. They have potential to turn things around but I maintain we don’t have the coaching to get it done.

Kellie is still stuck in the mid-majors in terms of recruiting, scheduling and play.

I would think that the same principle would apply to Talaysia's case, but I'll bet that question is being asked now.
No the ruling is about the NCAAs seemingly random enforcement over their own rules concerning multiple transfers. Who is eligible and not. Talaysia clearly entered outside a a specific window. I doubt the ruling will transfer over.

Last edited:
See Cora’s tweet above. Asked and answered. No help for Coop.
Not sure what most LV fans expect from Cooper right away. I think it is prob best for Cooper to have a full redshirt type year. She was extremely raw last season at SC, she has all the athleticism in the world but she really looked like she needed time to adjust and develop when she played last season.

I've seen her in practice a couple of times and she is very impressive. Reminds me of a young Jordan Horston. Of course, I realize there's a big difference in game and practice performance, but she's exciting to watch and the sooner she gets on the court, the better for us!

Not sure what most LV fans expect from Cooper right away. I think it is prob best for Cooper to have a full redshirt type year. She was extremely raw last season at SC, she has all the athleticism in the world but she really looked like she needed time to adjust and develop when she played last season.

VN Store

Back