Texas A&M

Stoops gets a lot of unfair crap. Dude took uk and had seasons winning 10 games. Got the school to invest in the program and actually try to be competitive in football. Won way more games than he ever should have.

I think he'd fail miserably at Texas A&M, but still 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I agree. He's not a terrible coach by any stretch. UK isn't a football school and he has done a pretty decent job of recruiting and coaching there. I think it would be a tough loss for you.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Question is…..what does poor ole Kentucky do now?

Answer: Who cares! 🤷‍♂️

Texas A&M will pay $75 million in buyout money to hire Mark Stoops? Not saying he's a bad hire, but I expected more of a splash than this, for what they were willing to spend to get rid of Fisher.
So around $150M all told to buy out Stoops and pay Jimbo to go away? Good grief. They must hate themselves.

Yeah I agree. He's not a terrible coach by any stretch. UK isn't a football school and he has done a pretty decent job of recruiting and coaching there. I think it would be a tough loss for you.
It's not that he's terrible (although, he went 2-9 vs Tennessee during one of our worst ever decades) .... It seemed like A&M was really going to swing for the fences with their willingness to pay the Fisher buyout. This looks more like an infield single.

Stoops gets a lot of unfair crap. Dude took uk and had seasons winning 10 games. Got the school to invest in the program and actually try to be competitive in football. Won way more games than he ever should have.

I think he'd fail miserably at Texas A&M, but still 🤷‍♂️

Stoops succeeded so much at Kentucky, they got Kroger to invest into the program!

Aaron Torres said on his podcast today that a big Texas A&M insider said that Ryan Day is atop the Aggies coaching wish list and that the fan base would detest a Mark Stoops hiring because his offense does not score 35-40 points a game.

I think that he’ll do pretty well with Texas A&M’s resources, but time will tell.
There is one way to look at it .... the last time Texas A&M hired Kentucky's coach, he was Bear Bryant.

This does surprise me. I was thinking more along the lines of James Franklin, Lane Kiffin or Lance Leipold, possibly even Matt Campbell.

Reactions: Samthebam

VN Store

Back