The GOP National Convention

Already lost that issue. Nothing will make it ok for those females who are pro-choice. And her being number 2 won't change that as the party is clear on its stance. And she ain't even a member of the party
It would be a wild pick. Trump is a wild guy.

You’re not peeling any females that are hard core pro-choice. That’s true.

But there are Independent suburban women that went for him in ‘16, and went against him in ‘20, and that are not hard core choicers - they just want basic, moderate protections.

Can JD Vance deliver PA? Can he deliver MI or WI?

If he can, I’m not sure how he’s not the pick.

What swing states can Burgum deliver? Can he secure WI?

Last edited:
Can JD Vance deliver PA? Can he deliver MI or WI?

If he can, I’m not sure how he’s not the pick.

What swing states can Burgun deliver? Can he secure WI?
All of the videos of Vance *****ing on trump and being extreme on aboriton will be shoved down voters throats. Burgum will look like the adult in the room moderates will want to see in debates. The only reason you would want Vance is if you felt Trump would have a turnout problem with his core. He's not going to have that problem

Reactions: tbh
All of the videos of Vance *****ing on trump and being extreme on aboriton will be shoved down voters throats. Burgum will look like the adult in the room moderates will want to see in debates. The only reason you would want Vance is if you felt Trump would have a turnout problem with his core. He's not going to have that problem
Can Burgum deliver one of the Blue Wall states?

Can Burgum deliver one of the Blue Wall states?
I don't see why you think Vance will. He's trump 2.0. I think he's more likely to get moderates and undecidedes. Which is what both Biden and trump are fighting for. No undecided is choosing trump bc of Vance

I don't see why you think Vance will. He's trump 2.0. I think he's more likely to get moderates and undecidedes. Which is what both Biden and trump are fighting for. No undecided is choosing trump bc of Vance
Oh don’t take my questions as definitive statements. I don’t know if Vance can deliver PA, and I don’t know if Burgum can deliver WI.

Just genuinely curious as to what people think.

If the GOP & Trump want to beat the Democrats, imo the sole calculus for them should be who can deliver either PA, MI, or WI. Jmo.

Reactions: tbh and volfanhill
Oh don’t take my questions as definitive statements. I don’t know if Vance can deliver PA, and I don’t know if Burgum can deliver WI.

If the GOP & Trump want to beat the Democrats, imo the sole calculus for them should be who can deliver either PA, MI, or WI. Jmo.

I dont think either move the needle there...

The only reason I asked about Vance & PA, and Burgum & WI is geography and cultural similarities.

If you were tasked with beating the Democrats, who would you select?

Burgum of those 2.

Of the main choices, Id go with Rubio. You probably put AZ and NV into win column...

Reactions: 85SugarVol
He's done well with Hispanic voters. Arizona and NV have large Hispanic population.
AZ & NV look to be locked? I was going to ask you about NM though - you really think so?

Another question, and I don’t know that it matters, but Rubio is Cuban-American - does he resonate with Hispanic populations in the US SouthWest?

I think MI is a lost cause but Vance can deliver PA. WI is unpredictable.

AZ & NV look to be locked? I was going to ask you about NM though - you really think so?

Another question, and I don’t know that it matters, but Rubio is Cuban-American - does he resonate with Hispanic populations in the US SouthWest?

If Kamala is on the ticket, I think NM would be in play to the extent the Ds would have to use significant resources to defend it....

I dont think he'd resonate like he does in South Florida but he might not need to do much to flip AZ and NV..

Reactions: 85SugarVol
In all seriousness do any of us really think anyone has voted for a POTUS bc who was number 2. No. That's dumb.

In all seriousness do any of us really think anyone has voted for a POTUS bc who was number 2. No. That's dumb.
In a swing state that could be decided by 10k votes? Could be the difference between someone staying home, and going to the polls.

VN Store

Back