The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

It's ridiculous. He's running with what was said in the broadcast without fact-checking. It took me 30 seconds or less to debunk that idea when I heard it during the broadcast.

In Basilio's defense, Rick Barnes also said Awaka was 17 in the post game press conference.

Texas is severely undersized and doesn't have a player over 6'9.. only 2 players over 6'8. Their best rebounder is 6'6 200 and only averages 5 RPG. This obviously allows them to play fast and score points in a hurry, but this should be another game where Uros finds success down low.

The second unit with Aidoo and Uros should feast. I wouldn't be opposed to straight up starting one of the 2 over Olivier.

Texas is severely undersized and doesn't have a player over 6'9.. only 2 players over 6'8. Their best rebounder is 6'6 200 and only averages 5 RPG. This obviously allows them to play fast and score points in a hurry, but this should be another game where Uros finds success down low.

The second unit with Aidoo and Uros should feast. I wouldn't be opposed to straight up starting one of the 2 over Olivier.

He might get smoked defensively too. It’s hard to say.

He might get smoked defensively too. It’s hard to say.

100%. Could go either way. Fortunately we have the versatility and luxury to attack them in different angles with our lineups. They're pretty much one dimensional in that regard. If we can overwhelm them underneath like we did last night it could be a long game for UTA.

Vols #4 in athletic rankings (after Purdue, Houston, Bama), no surprise

Men's college basketball power rankings: We're just here for the general chaos

4. Tennessee (17-3)
Tennessee continues to be almost uniquely capable of the defense-oriented blowout. Wednesday night’s game was the perfect example. Scoring-wise, the Volunteers were exactly average: 70 possessions, 70 points. Right in that meaty part of the curve. Not showing off. Not falling behind. All the same, UT won by 29 points, which is hilarious. Georgia scored 41! In a 40-minute game of basketball!

This is a habitual thing. Every time we look up, it feels like Rick Barnes’ team is scoring a roughly average number of points while holding opponents to some ridiculously low figure. Tennessee is averaging 74.3 points per game. They are allowing just 54.4. The Volunteers play the exact average number of possessions (adjusted) for Division I men’s hoops — 67.3, which ranks 188th, and is the exact average number to the decimal — so there are no real pace effects involved here. Barring the occasional offensive outburst, Tennessee is fine offensively and horrifying defensively, able to create painful scorelines like no other.

Last year, the baseball team was seeded to win the whole thing and they lost in super regionals, basically equivalent to the Sweet 16. Fahr Vitello I guess

Don't think I mentioned fahring anybody. UT should have definitely gone further in the Series. You don't agree?

Hard agree. TBA has been dead most of this season. No more retirement home antics. Get off your feet. Get loud. Or pay for my flight home so I can take your ticket from you and scream my lungs out.

You might want to repeat this to the students. They’ve been anemic at times, except those on the first 5 rows or so.

Honestly don't think it has as much to do with the NCAA tourney exits as it does with football being good again. I think thats the biggest thing to do with the apathy. Whether we like it or not, basketball is always gonna be second fiddle (at best) no matter how good they are, and that is definitely gonna be the case when football is excelling and looks like it will keep excelling. Fans, consciously or not, feel like they're already secured with a good football team so no need to appreciate a talented basketball team that's not perfect

Except this fanbase will turn on Heupel if he doesn’t keep it going. This dumbass fanbase will probably start railing on him if we “only” make the expanded playoff a few times.

And if baseball has another quick exit or 2, they will turn on TV.

The ones that are saying they don’t care about basketball now that football is “good” (after 1 good season) can go pound sand because they are probably the fairweather types anyway.

Reactions: berryvol
Anyone have the tweet from earlier today: something about Tennessee winning 23 of its last 25, which was more than a five year period in the 90s? Something to that effect, but I can't find it.

VN Store

Back