The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

It’s the same anywhere else though. People ready to fire Saban for missing the playoffs.

It being "the same anywhere" isn't an excuse, no more than "all my friends snuck out too" worked with my parents. I know there are idiots in other fanbases, but I was hoping mine had fewer and so far I've been sadly mistaken.

Was thinking the same thing. He’s big enough and definitely a good enough rebounder to play with Disu and Mitchell. He is also probably quick enough to switch onto Allen some. I think he can get to the rim against any of their front court as well.
I’d rather have UP or Aidoo playing drop coverage and waiting for them at the rim. They don’t really have the shooters to force our bigs to step out and guard them

Reactions: walkenvol
Athletic has Vols as a 1

Tennessee
Bet ’em: The Volunteers rank No. 2 in NET, KenPom, BPI and Sagarin. And they beat Kansas, convincingly, in the Bahamas.

Fold ’em: A mere three Quad 1 wins are counterbalanced by two curious Quad 2 losses (Colorado in Nashville, Kentucky at home).

F772D0C3-1C7D-43C5-93B6-BEBDAB00D25C.jpeg

This could be one of those sneaky teams who could win in the NCAA Tournament based off defense alone.

Similar to the 2019 Virginia team.

Of course, considering our bad luck in the Big Dance, I’d have to see it to believe it.

This could be one of those sneaky teams who could win in the NCAA Tournament based off defense alone.

Of course, considering our bad luck in the Big Dance, I’d have to see it to believe it.
That Virginia team had the number 2 offense in the nation. That was not a run built off defense alone.

You might wanna refresh your memory on that Virginia team.

I know a lotta people do not like Dickie V, but I grew up on him and love him. He said he likes ZZZ because he likes players that have to prove they belong and ZZZ worked his butt off and proved he deserved to be a SEC player. He's a star, 22 points and 10 assists, he is a star, baby. Vitale has done a lot for college basket, imo. Even more for cancer fundraising, loves Barnes and I am a fan. Don't @ me

I know a lotta people do not like Dickie V, but I grew up on him and love him. He said he likes ZZZ because he likes players that have to prove they belong and ZZZ worked his butt off and proved he deserved to be a SEC player. He's a star, 22 points and 10 assists, he is a star, baby. Vitale has done a lot for college basket, imo. Even more for cancer fundraising, loves Barnes and I am a fan. Don't @ me
I think you’re confusing Dickie V’s legacy with Dickie V’s current job performance calling a basketball game. All the compliments you gave of him the person appear to be true. If you are truly interested in the basketball game being played then he is abysmal. Doesn’t consistently identify who the fouls are called on nor stay on focus discussing strategy/play. He’s like an 80 year old severe ADHD dude off his meds. Even my wife who isn’t nearly as interested in the details of the game eventually asks me to mute the tv. I wish Dickie V the best, but my basketball life would be good if he never called another game

Whether people love him, hate him, or are indifferent, you have to respect his insatiable love for the game of basketball. The man probably sleeps with a basketball every night.

Is there a single college basketball writer that doesn’t suck at their job? Like, just one? How can you cover this sport professionally and not drop Alabama a single spot in your daily rankings after a 25-point thrashing to 11-9 Oklahoma in Norman?

He has no “reasoning” ability. That’s non-sense.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back