The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Honestly, if Kentucky lost to South Carolina I think that might be bad for us. Last thing I want is a pissed off and embarrassed Kentucky coming to Knoxville. At some point the talent on their team is going to put it together….
Let them be pissed off. Doesn’t matter. They’re taking this ass whooping whether they like it or not.

Honestly, if Kentucky lost to South Carolina I think that might be bad for us. Last thing I want is a pissed off and embarrassed Kentucky coming to Knoxville. At some point the talent on their team is going to put it together….

I think any other year I would feel the same but there’s no heart on that team. Even with Oscar getting his points and rebounds. He isn’t imposing his will like last year. You get that team down early and they just give up.

Question for the season ticket holders/regular attenders to basketball games--

being an out-of-towner, I can't make it to many basketball games, but I am going this weekend vs. UK. What are the best parking options, and how long before tip off does TBA open? Thanks

being an out-of-towner, I can't make it to many basketball games, but I am going this weekend vs. UK. What are the best parking options, and how long before tip off does TBA open? Thanks

2 hours. Park at the Ag Campus and ride the shuttle bus.

TBA I think opens up about an hour or two before tip (they start taking shuttles to TBA 2 hours before tip-off), there are usually some paid lots around the area (and that's what I normally do because I don't mind paying $20 so I don't have to walk far) but there is also a shuttle that takes you from other spots. Like free parking on the Ag Campus and shuttle over (have done this before, get there early if this is your plan though). Below is a website with all the information and a PDF map.

Men's Basketball Gameday

What's crazy to me...this Kentucky team hasn't got great size.

Oscar - 6'9"
Toppin = 6'9"
Reeves, Wallace = 6'4"
Wheeler = 5'10"
Fredrick = 6'3"
Livingston = 6'6"

We have 4 guys 6'8" or taller in our regular rotation. And thus far the two teams that gave us the most fits (Arizona & Vandy) both had at least one really good 7' big.

It’s not a difficult walk back afterwards if you don’t want to waitH in line afterwards for a seat. Or stick around for the court side Rick Barnes radio show and let the rush subside before jumping on the FREE shuttles.
That would actually be a good idea, how long after the game ends before they do the radio show?

So next 4 game stretch

vs Kentucky (10-6)
at Mississippi State (12-3)
at LSU (12-3)
vs Georgia (11-4)

I'd say the Mississippi State bulldogs will be the toughest test of the 4, but if we're not focused every game we could be in some tight contest and lose.

So next 4 game stretch

vs Kentucky (10-6)
at Mississippi State (12-3)
at LSU (12-3)
vs Georgia (11-4)

I'd say the Mississippi State bulldogs will be the toughest test of the 4, but if we're not focused every game we could be in some tight contest and lose.

We really need to try and go 4-0, but no worse than 3-1. We need to feast on this lighter part of the schedule to build some margin for error in February. Outside of their game against Arkansas tonight, I don’t think there is another game Alabama has a chance at losing until February 11 at Auburn the game before they travel to Knoxville. So, we need to keep pace.

I am still spooked by the season they beat us in Knoxville when they went 9-16

2008-2009 for me, that was Billy's last season, UK didn't even make the NCAAT and they came into TBA and whipped us by almost 20. Legend has it if you are outside TBA very late at night and listen very carefully, you can hear Jodie Meeks hit another shot.

We really need to try and go 4-0, but no worse than 3-1. We need to feast on this lighter part of the schedule to build some margin for error on February. Outside of their game against Arkansas tonight, I don’t think there is another game Alabama has a chance at losing until February 11 at Auburn the game before they travel to Knoxville. So, we need to keep pace.

Yeah, we have 5 ranked SEC games left on the schedule and only 1 of those is an away game (with Auburn). We get Auburn, Missouri, Alabama, & Arkansas here at TBA so we have to protect the home court. If we do that then we could be right there with Bama for the regular season title with just 1 or 2 losses.

I am hopeful though, Bama in SEC play won at Mississippi State, vs Ole Miss, vs Kentucky. They will have to play LSU, Arkansas & Auburn twice and they will also have to play at Missouri.

VN Store

Back