The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks were making fun of those who were hoping/praying that we wouldn't get the #1 seed. It's a kiss of death. The curse is real.
I don’t believe in that stuff. Everyone would’ve said they’d rather face Evansville in a super than Oregon State. That was the difference in the #1 vs #2 overall seed.

Kentucky will have their hands full.

Who do we try at DH tomorrow? Peebles gives you the best at bat

If history is precedent it's RV, but I think it was telling Tony went with Peebles when it mattered today, so that may very well be his move tomorrow. His ab in the 9th was quality.

Well not surprised a fearless Evansville played great to win in a high scoring must win or get eliminated super regional game 2.

I’m fearful of game 3 tomorrow mostly because it’s going to be a challenging game 3 with Tennessee having to score critical runs in a competitive game.
While I’m hopeful of Tennessee winning a challenging game 3, I’m being realistic not rose Colored glasses because they also have a realistic chance of losing tomorrow.

Reactions: CAVPUT
I think CMo went to the plate with a "gotta be a hero" mentality. I was just hoping for a bloop single. Maybe score a run, maybe not, but get Blake to the plate. You don't always have to have the big hit. I think that's something that has really clicked for Blake this season. Just put the ball in play.
CMo swung at 2 bad pitches, should have walked. Trying to be a hero

CMo swung at 2 bad pitches, should have walked. Trying to be a hero
Or it was too close for comfort with blue giving evansville a wider strike zone. Couldn't risk it. And lets be honest, the NCAA wants to stick it to UT. Deck will be stacked against us tomorrow.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Well not surprised a fearless Evansville played great to win in a high scoring must win or get eliminated super regional game 2.

I’m fearful of game 3 tomorrow mostly because it’s going to be a challenging game 3 with Tennessee having to score critical runs in a competitive game.
While I’m hopeful of Tennessee winning a challenging game 3, I’m being realistic not rose Colored glasses because they also have a realistic chance of losing tomorrow.
I wouldn't say scoring critical runs would be the issue, we scored 8 today, pitching is the issue.

Reactions: firestorm
I get the criticism, but is there anyone else you'd rather have swinging there down two with two outs in the 9th? Statistically, he is THE guy you want swinging.
I didn’t have any problems with CMOs at bat. I had more problems with blue putting cal in an 0-2 count because he’s a clown.

Need to wear our black uniforms tomorrow.
I was just about to post the same, but for the cream unis.

Whatever gets the job done. Pink jock straps worn outside the pants? Just show up loose and focused, baseVols, while Evansville now has to deal with the "we could actually be going to Omaha" stress and distraction. Pretty sure they have no experience dealing with that mental burden.

Reactions: JCP201
I don’t know why, I just have concerns about how this team is going to handle the pressure of tomorrow. They’re staring down the barrel of the biggest upset in the history of college baseball. I really hope we don’t let the pressure get to us, but based on Tony’s comments in the pressure where there is already media asking about “Is this season a success if you lose?” How could you not feel the pressure?

I don’t believe in that stuff. Everyone would’ve said they’d rather face Evansville in a super than Oregon State. That was the difference in the #1 vs #2 overall seed.

Kentucky will have their hands full.
Just like what we saw in basketball. Had we gotten the last 1 seed we likely would’ve been in the Final 4.

I was just about to post the same, but for the cream unis.

Whatever gets the job done. Pink jock straps worn outside the pants? Just show up loose and focused, baseVols, while Evansville now has to deal with the "we could actually be going to Omaha" stress and distraction. Pretty sure they have no experience dealing with that mental burden.

If we really wanted to go wild, we would freeball. Right, @chuckiepoo ?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don’t know why, I just have concerns about how this team is going to handle the pressure of tomorrow. They’re staring down the barrel of the biggest upset in the history of college baseball. I really hope we don’t let the pressure get to us, but based on Tony’s comments in the pressure where there is already media asking about “Is this season a success if you lose?” How could you not feel the pressure?

If we were losing low scoring games, then you'd say ok we just need to get our bats going but we're not. They are crushing the ball against our staff. It's concerning.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back