The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe in that stuff. Everyone would’ve said they’d rather face Evansville in a super than Oregon State. That was the difference in the #1 vs #2 overall seed.

Kentucky will have their hands full.

You post things that make too much sense to post some of the negative trash that you do lol

I don’t know why, I just have concerns about how this team is going to handle the pressure of tomorrow. They’re staring down the barrel of the biggest upset in the history of college baseball. I really hope we don’t let the pressure get to us, but based on Tony’s comments in the pressure where there is already media asking about “Is this season a success if you lose?” How could you not feel the pressure?
Your post indicates you do know why you have concerns. This is precisely where UT usually wets the bed in sports. Pressure will be enormous as we all know. Some teams thrive on pressure and embrace it. Others wilt. We'll see if this team really has what it takes.

Folks were making fun of those who were hoping/praying that we wouldn't get the #1 seed. It's a kiss of death. The curse is real.
Yep, a "#" and the numeral "1" are going to actually decide a baseball series... I can't physically roll my eyes enough to do this justice.

Everyone has the right to be optimistic or pessimistic, but this back and forth between the two irrational extremes trying to validate themselves and disparage the other is exhausting. Why not direct all that energy toward the actual enemies (Evansville & Blue) rather than just standing there in a stupid pissing contest over who can be more irrational?

I didn’t have any problems with CMOs at bat. I had more problems with blue putting cal in an 0-2 count because he’s a clown.
Him calling strikes in the left handed batters box forced Stark and CMo to swing at BS. This is why I want an automatic strike zone. Zero consistency from one ump to the next.

Been doing chores. Did I lose my spot? Hyperventilating, cold sweats, migraine….I'm on the edge!
If you're married, keep doing chores.

Can't relieve your symptoms, but they are better endured in bed than on the sofa ...or outside in the doghouse tonight.

(Your dog deserves better, anyway.)

Yep, a "#" and the numeral "1" are going to actually decide a baseball series... I can't physically roll my eyes enough to do this justice.

Everyone has the right to be optimistic or pessimistic, but this back and forth between the two irrational extremes trying to validate themselves and disparage the other is exhausting. Why not direct all that energy toward the actual enemies (Evansville & Blue) rather than just standing there in a stupid pissing contest over who can be more irrational?
I wish blue would pull his groin on the way to the hotel.

I don’t believe in that stuff. Everyone would’ve said they’d rather face Evansville in a super than Oregon State. That was the difference in the #1 vs #2 overall seed.

Kentucky will have their hands full.
It’s not the competition as much as it is the pressure that comes with it. That pressure absolutely ramps up when you get gifted the opportunity to play a 4 seed cause you can’t lose to that team under the circumstances. Evansville expected to be done 3 weeks ago, they’re just happy for the ride.

And here’s the kicker. The game may not even be playable tomorrow. Rain chances all day and night.

Even if we win there’s a chance FSU goes to Omaha with two extra rest days compared to us.

Your post indicates you do know why you have concerns. This is precisely where UT usually wets the bed in sports. Pressure will be enormous as we all know. Some teams thrive on pressure and embrace it. Others wilt. We'll see if this team really has what it takes.
They had what it takes down the stretch of the regular season and the SECT but an elimination game in the NCAAT is a completely different animal. I expect a lot of sweaty palms and jitters tomorrow. The equivalent of a Game 7 and all bets are off. Going to have to settle into the game and block all that out.

Smokey gray again dammit. We're 2-1 wearing those darned things in the supers...after today's recalculation of course.
I didn’t like it regardless of history. We always wear orange on Saturday’s, they wore white so we could’ve rolled with the colors.

So I figured out way we are playing a Game 3 tomorrow. It is our best opportunity to break LSU’s home run record if we max out our games played.

I think it's part of some larger conspiracy theory designed to have the baseball forum surpass the number of cumulative posts of the Lady Vol forum. Paging @MAD

Stats don’t lie. The #1 seed isn’t costing us to lose a series per say but the stats imply playing with that much pressure makes it very difficult for a #1 seed to win it all

And here’s the kicker. The game may not even be playable tomorrow. Rain chances all day and night.

Even if we win there’s a chance FSU goes to Omaha with two extra rest days compared to us.
So it's true? The NCAA can control the weather? NCAAtzies one and all!!

They had what it takes down the stretch of the regular season and the SECT but an elimination game in the NCAAT is a completely different animal. I expect a lot of sweaty palms and jitters tomorrow. The equivalent of a Game 7 and all bets are off. Going to have to settle into the game and block all that out.
We need Zander to start with a zero like we need air to breathe. If they put us in a hole before we even pick up a bat, we’re in serious trouble.

Looking like FSU’s year. They’ve been a million times and yet to win the CWS.

Reactions: TennEddie
We need Zander to start with a zero like we need air to breathe. If they put us in a hole before we even pick up a bat, we’re in serious trouble.

Going down 0-4 sure did hurt the ACEs today! but.. yes, of course we'd all prefer Zander to go out and get a 1,2,3 "we're here and focused biatches" type of start. Cheers

Reactions: KptVFL
True, but that was against teams in the nation's toughest conference. No shame in losing in a situation like that. Losing to Evansville...at LNS...no words.

Reactions: VolPack22
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back