The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing we have on Kentucky baseball is the fact they’re the only SEC school that’s never been to Omaha. If they get off the schneid this year, on the same day we fail to get there as the #1 overall for the 2nd time in 3 years, they will rub it in our face until kingdom come. And we’ll have deserved it.
That is my biggest fear at the moment.

Every measureable points to us winning tomorrow. So naturally I have a terrible feeling about the game. But I have recurring bouts of bvs. Hope I'm wrong GBO
That’s the thing about baseball - eff yo measurables.

The Braves were probably the worst team in the playoff field in 2021 when they won it all.

Coin flip I think.
It used to be, but a few years back they changed the rule. The host always bats last in G3 now if the higher seed.

Now it’s only a coin flip if the super is between two unseeded teams on the same seed line. But that’s not the case here obviously.

Last edited:
This game isn’t all on the pitching staff. Geez. We left 8-10 runners on base, looked like the bad news bears on defense, didn’t run the bases well and pretty much looked like we can show up and beat anyone. Well, we can’t do that. We did that two years ago and we all know what happened. Cockiness doesn’t bode well in tournament play. Evansville plays as a team, loves each other and plays like the game they are playing could be their last. We should try that tomorrow. If we do, things will go our way. If we don’t, we always have next year and this message board to post our frustration on. Go Vols!! Let’s beat Evansville like they just smacked our mothers in the face.

The only thing we have on Kentucky baseball is the fact they’re the only SEC school that’s never been to Omaha. If they get off the schneid this year, on the same day we fail to get there as the #1 overall for the 2nd time in 3 years, they will rub it in our face until kingdom come. And we’ll have deserved it.
Folks were making fun of those who were hoping/praying that we wouldn't get the #1 seed. It's a kiss of death. The curse is real.

Reactions: Titan05
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back