The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. Those calls against Cal is what forced him to swing in his ab. Folks don't often realize how interconnected it is.
First pitch was a ball IMO, the 2nd one was a lot closer to being a strike. I didn’t like either call but after seeing the first one called, Cal had to let it fly on the 2nd one cause it was a better pitch.

Reactions: Volstylexx
I don’t know why, I just have concerns about how this team is going to handle the pressure of tomorrow. They’re staring down the barrel of the biggest upset in the history of college baseball. I really hope we don’t let the pressure get to us, but based on Tony’s comments in the pressure where there is already media asking about “Is this season a success if you lose?” How could you not feel the pressure?
It’s a legitimate question.. the answer is yes and no and both can be true.

True, but that was against teams in the nation's toughest conference. No shame in losing in a situation like that. Losing to Evansville...at LNS...no words.

I think we forget the human element of all this. Sure our guys are going to be tight and nervous tonight, but if there was ever a team that could come out and just shove it down their throats tomorrow, it's this one. This team is chocked full of soon to be professional athletes. I doubt they're sitting back scared thinking of losing tomorrow. Did you see their faces in the post game huddle? Combs was fuming - shaking his said "no" while watching them celebrate. This team has IT. There's no other team i'd rather put my money on than TN tomorrow.

First pitch was a ball IMO, the 2nd one was a lot closer to being a strike. I didn’t like either call but after seeing the first one called, Cal had to let it fly on the 2nd one cause it was a better pitch.
Thanks for the Tickets. We had a blast and will do our best to be as loud again

Attachments

• IMG_3144.jpg
    IMG_3144.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 7
I get the criticism, but is there anyone else you'd rather have swinging there down two with two outs in the 9th? Statistically, he is THE guy you want swinging.
Just based on personal preference, Blake. I'm not trying to play down CMo's accomplishments in any way, but I really like Blake's approach to hitting this season.

Did we leave Beam in too long. Or was it the runners left on base?
I don't think so honestly. Pitching just had an off day nothing more. But I will say the defense didn't help at all though. This is baseball, you can't play perfect every game especially when you play 60 games. I expect us to tighten up tomorrow. Will see alot of rotation I imagine

It's uncanny actually
Indeed. Just recently. Look at ZZ. If he hadn't gone down with that ACL, I would have bet the farm we make our deepest run in school history. Then in football it's Hooker, Mayes, Bru, etc. Now it's Moore in baseball. Seems to be something of a trend or as I like to call it...a curse. There's one name in football next year that I dare not type or speak, but I posted about it a few months ago and got ridiculed. Can't help but picture it coming.

Reactions: Tnphil
If we were losing low scoring games, then you'd say ok we just need to get our bats going but we're not. They are crushing the ball against our staff. It's concerning.
No. No they absolutely are not. They hit a couple hard hit homers. Every single, and I don't exaggerate, during the 10 run three inning stretch was a seeing eye bouncer between our infield or a lazy liner barely over their heads. One rbi liner was literally run down by Curley before it made it to the outfield.

Weak hits. Luck. It happens. Meanwhile, we crush one so hard at the 2b he has time to boot it and still take a run away by throwing us out by a tenth of a sec.

We had bad luck all game like that. Baseball. It's why we don't play one game series. And yes, it could happen again tomorrow.

Scary.

They’ll be calling us the bills all over the sports world before the evansville dogpile even finishes tomorrow if we lose.

That’s a lot of pressure added on to an already tense game tomorrow
Lawdy...I'd forgotten about the Buffalo "choker" Bills. Sad to think we'd be lumped in with that level of futility.

In some ways…it’s a choice. I don’t think anyone here, new or not, would think we played our best ball today. That’s not an excuse. Do I think we do that two games in a row? Nah, that would be surprising given that they’ve won seven more games than anybody else.

On a daily basis, in life, forget baseball, everybody has a bad day at the office, it happens and you fret about it, you go to sleep and ya get another shot the next day.

Ya hope ya don’t have to learn the hard way, but it happens sometimes. If it was easy…

GBO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back