The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
šŸ¤£ Don't google BMX freeball accident.
Oh, I ain't about to google anything for a while today!

About halfway through the 8th inning, my usual "hetero, male, widower" ads in the right margin changed from the WW2 books and ponzy schemes into Vagisil ads (I'm guessing because I Liked someone's "getting a little hormonal" taunt post).

But then I started getting clothing ads from some store in California with young, ripped males (I'm not saying "gay") modeling skin tight T-shirts, sweatpants, and leather vests (now I am saying "gay")!

Some over-reaching algorithm has it out for me today. So no way I'm gonna google "freeball incident" or comment on scoring by our switch hitters.

I do think that if we had pitched around 2 guys today, we would have won. Hopefully after 2 full games we learn to not throw high fastballs to the 3 hole or McGinnis. Neither should see anything but offspeed from Zander tomorrow

Stats donā€™t lie. The #1 seed isnā€™t costing us to lose a series per say but the stats imply playing with that much pressure makes it very difficult for a #1 seed to win it all
Ok, that is a legit argument, but that is something the team can control. A "curse" wouldn't be. It wasn't an issue before 2000. This team has the opportunity to handle the pressure well or poorly.

People wringing their hands over "the curse" and cowering in the corner like a puppy peeing itself aren't harbingers of an imminent reality, they are self-defeating.

Even as fans we should fight like the Volunteers we are supposed to be! We can self-loathe or self-adjulate as appropriate after the fact.

In some waysā€¦itā€™s a choice. I donā€™t think anyone here, new or not, would think we played our best ball today. Thatā€™s not an excuse. Do I think we do that two games in a row? Nah, that would be surprising given that theyā€™ve won seven more games than anybody else.

On a daily basis, in life, forget baseball, everybody has a bad day at the office, it happens and you fret about it, you go to sleep and ya get another shot the next day.

Ya hope ya donā€™t have to learn the hard way, but it happens sometimes. If it was easyā€¦

GBO!!!
One would think every player on the roster not to mention the coaching staff is well aware of the ND debacle. I'd have to consider it a history lesson learned. Doubt anyone needs to be reminded of it. If they lose, it won't be over confidence. They won't be the first team to succumb to the pressure either. What will be hard to swallow is that we allowed the pressure to come upon us by today's effort. Just hope it's not another coulda, woulda, shoulda game/season that haunts both the fans and team for years to come. That would be a shame since this team has been such a joy and given us so much this season. Speaking for myself, I consider them to be over achievers. They've exceeded all my expectations for the regular season and SECT. Won't ease the pain of losing to a team we're clearly more talented than, but it won't be anything new for this fan base that suffers from chronic BVS.

Ok, that is a legit argument, but that is something the team can control. A "curse" wouldn't be. It wasn't an issue before 2000. This team has the opportunity to handle the pressure well or poorly.

People wringing their hands over "the curse" and cowering in the corner like a puppy peeing itself aren't harbingers of an imminent reality, they are self-defeating.

Even as fans we should fight like the Volunteers we are supposed to be! We can self-loathe or self-adjulate as appropriate after the fact.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
The team's pitching has been the question mark all season--and it was bad today. We've tended to outhit most opponents--look at yesterday, giving up 6 runs but still winning by 5---but at this stage of the NCAA if you're giving up lots of runs you're going to get beat. We need to get much better pitching tomorrow: duh.

Reactions: volman128

About halfway through the 8th inning, my usual "hetero, male, widower" ads in the right margin changed from the WW2 books and ponzy schemes into Vagisil ads (I'm guessing because I Liked someone's "getting a little hormonal" taunt post).

But then I started getting clothing ads from some store in California with young, ripped males (I'm not saying "gay") modeling skin tight T-shirts, sweatpants, and leather vests (now I am saying "gay")!

Some over-reaching algorithm has it out for me today. So no way I'm gonna google "freeball incident" or comment on scoring by our switch hitters.
Just donā€™t comment on the post early in the game thread about blue liking to call balls thrown hard, up and in.

Eventually the internet will work it out. We call it the law of averages in baseball.

This has made me think of the all time worst UT choke jobs and some that come to mind are the 2001 loss to LSU in the SEC championship game and the loss to USCjr in ā€˜22. Baseball loss to ND in ā€˜22. Softball loss to Arizona when we had Monica Abbot and were 1 out away. Iā€™m sure there are several more. We are due some good fortune tomorrow vol fans

One would think every player on the roster not to mention the coaching staff is well aware of the ND debacle. I'd have to consider it a history lesson learned. Doubt anyone needs to be reminded of it. If they lose, it won't be over confidence. They won't be the first team to succumb to the pressure either. What will be hard to swallow is that we allowed the pressure to come upon us by today's effort. Just hope it's not another coulda, woulda, shoulda game/season that haunts both the fans and team for years to come. That would be a shame since this team has been such a joy and given us so much this season. Speaking for myself, I consider them to be over achievers. They've exceeded all my expectations for the regular season and SECT. Won't ease the pain of losing to a team we're clearly more talented than, but it won't be anything new for this fan base that suffers from chronic BVS.

Normally I would agree, but itā€™s a different season, different year. It was supposed to rain all week too. Weā€™ll play better tomorrow or we wonā€™t make it, I think both teams will be ready for it, I am!

Reactions: KptVFL and CAVPUT

this is funny šŸ¤£

Reactions: BruisedOrange
I have been worried about pitching most of this year, this is the type of day I feared.
You do realize that coming into this game the Vols were 3rd in the nation in staff ERA and 1st in WHIP? Iā€˜m just curious about your comment? Maybe youā€™re a chronic worrier? Maybe you just make random comments without having a clue what the data says?

You do realize that coming into this game the Vols were 3rd in the nation in staff ERA and 1st in WHIP? Iā€˜m just curious about your comment? Maybe youā€™re a chronic worrier? Maybe you just make random comments without having a clue what the data says?
I think heā€™s just saying that we donā€™t have the stud starters compared to previous seasons.

Reactions: Tnphil
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back