The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going down 0-4 sure did hurt the ACEs today! but.. yes, of course we'd all prefer Zander to go out and get a 1,2,3 "we're here and focused biatches" type of start. Cheers
They had no pressure on them tho as they are just thrilled to be playing ball at this juncture. UT will have loads of pressure on them if they get down early. That is for obvious reasons. My BVS is really hitting me hard right now but I beleive our guys will do what they need to do tomorrow.

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
Good hitting stops good pitching. Good pitching stops good hitting. What tips the scale is the mental aspect of the game. Today Evansville gained the mental advantage as the game progressed. Our pitchers need to gain back the advantage tomorrow and keep it.

You do realize that coming into this game the Vols were 3rd in the nation in staff ERA and 1st in WHIP? I‘m just curious about your comment? Maybe you’re a chronic worrier? Maybe you just make random comments without having a clue what the data says?
Nah man stats and rankings don't matter. Keyboard coaches approve this message!

Stud starters or not, his comment is way off base. No matter what you label the staff, they are Top 3 in the country in 3-4 pitching categories.
I think it’s just between the ears. The who’s who of the SEC have won Natty’s recently. Every time we get close we find a way to beat ourselves.

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
Personally I think tomorrow relies on the success of Christian Moore and the DH spot.. Season on the line, has 2 hits through 2 games of the SR for the DH (including Lohry at 2B today) and C-Mo. He has got to be the X-factor he has been all year if they want the season to continue. Evansville doesnt get cheated at the plate, so we are gonna have to score. C-Mo cant be 0 for 4 tomorrow and DH spot cant be an auto out

I expect us to come to the park tomorrow fully prepared to win! We have to jump on them and not let up. Everybody from the pitcher to the water boy better be ready to give maximum effort. It’s all or nothing on the line and it’s in our park! Get it done Vols!
We “ jumped on them early “ today, but our inconsistent pitching
let them back in the game and eventually a win.

Cold cuts
Cold beer
Vol baseball
Belmont Stakes.
Who’s living better than me?View attachment 646957
Appleby still doesn’t have a win today. I’m gonna go 9&7 in the eleventh, single mindframe and then spread in the last two for my late pick 4.

But, I’ve been wrong all day lol. Program Trading will nip me most likely.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and txbo
Vols are 39 and now 4 at home. The odds are definitely in UT favor. Hard to fathom losing back to back games at home to advance to the CWS. Hopefully the crowd is super loud early and rattles Evansville. If UT does lose I don't want to play anyone from Indiana ever again in a playoff situation. Purdue and ND, now Evansville???

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back