The Official #1 Tennessee @ FSU CWS Game 3 Thread (Wed. June 19 3:45PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. Know it sounds silly, but I set a timer for 3 1/2 hours from opening pitch and then check the score. I don't even get on this board until after the game ends. Can't see a score before it's final. If I watch a game live, we lose. I just finished watching the extended highlights of this one on YouTube. Great performance.
Maybe you should eat some sage or something.

Same here. Know it sounds silly, but I set a timer for 3 1/2 hours from opening pitch and then check the score. I don't even get on this board until after the game ends. Can't see a score before it's final. If I watch a game live, we lose. I just finished watching the extended highlights of this one on YouTube. Great performance.
Very few high stakes games have I watched that we won. The sweet 16 against Creighton, ‘22 Bama, and Sunday against UNC. The others I’ve watched, we lost. Actually in hindsight, that is a lie lol but I feel like it because any time we’re winning and I decide to turn on a game then we lose.

Very few high stakes games have I watched that we won. The sweet 16 against Creighton, ‘22 Bama, and Sunday against UNC. The others I’ve watched, we lost. Actually in hindsight, that is a lie lol but I feel like it because any time we’re winning and I decide to turn on a game then we lose.
True story. I made my wife leave the house in 22 against Bama. Bama took the lead in second half as soon as she got home from the grocery store. She called me from the publix parking lot when it was over and then went and bought cigars for us both.

The way I look at it, we're doing our part by sacrificing for the good of the team. Giving our all. Unsung heroes and heroines we are.

True story. I made my wife leave the house in 22 against Bama. Bama took the lead in second half as soon as she got home from the grocery store. She called me from the publix parking lot when it was over and then went and bought cigars for us both.
Lmao your wife is a trooper. My husband doesn’t care about sports at all but he puts up with my bs.

Could it be that high stakes games are harder to win?

Reactions: volplaya8
I think we've all felt like that at one time or another.
I swear to god in ‘22 against bama, all 5 times I went out to smoke a cigarette on the porch (Yeah, bad habit but I only like it when I’m drinking) Hyatt scored a touchdown.
My dad and uncles were in absolute disbelief. They kept telling me to go watch from outside the door and keep smoking! 😂

I swear to god in ‘22 against bama, all 5 times I went out to smoke a cigarette on the porch (Yeah, bad habit but I only like it when I’m drinking) Hyatt scored a touchdown.
My dad and uncles were in absolute disbelief. They kept telling me to go watch from outside the door and keep smoking! 😂

That’s because Hyatt was scoring like every 5 minutes 🤣

This game unfolded perfectly today for us. We got an early lead and we got excellent pitching from our starter, which put the pressure
on them to come back or get eliminated. Had they gotten the lead, we would have started feeling pressure--and that would not have
been ideal, to say the least. We hit the ball well and made some clutch defensive plays to keep fsu from getting a
foothold in the game. Just a strong overall performance--and what a relief to not have to play a 2nd semifinal game. Big help. I always
thoroughly enjoy beating fsu. Only victories over bama and, maybe, florida, make me feel better.

Interesting that fsu coach jarrett has now been in 5 CWS---3 as a player with fsu in the early 90s, then once as the head coach with Notre Dame in either 2021 or 2022, I believe, and now has head coach with fsu. Hasn't won it yet--and has he said, it's tough to get here and very tough to win it. He also spent 3 years with Auburn.

He was asked today to compare our pitching staff now versus in 2022, and he rightly noted that in 22 we leaned heavily on strong-armed starters to give us 6 or so and then go to the pen whereas now we are less dependent on starters and have a staff that is constructed with a lot of different and effective throwing styles that can be mixed and utilized as needed in games.

That’s the way I see it too. Any game that I start off watching, soon as we start losing I’ll turn it off and we end up winning. True story lol.
Then I'm going to guess you really enjoyed last Friday night's come from behind win.

I think the 9th inning might be my favorite come from behind batting sequence ever and have watched twice after the game even though I watched it live. It kind of gives me the chills because in the moment, when was happening live, I was very sure our batters were disciplined enough to get the runs we needed.

I saved the link to it and it's in one of my pull down menus.

Plus, I like the celebration footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back