The Official #1 Tennessee @ FSU CWS Game 3 Thread (Wed. June 19 3:45PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I'm going to guess you really enjoyed last Friday night's come from behind win.

I think the 9th inning might be my favorite come from behind batting sequence ever and have watched twice after the game even though I watched it live. It kind of gives me the chills because in the moment, when was happening live, I was very sure our batters were disciplined enough to get the runs we needed.

I saved the link to it and it's in one of my pull down menus.

Plus, I like the celebration footage.
Yep, I turned it off in the 5th. If we’re losing badly, I turn it off for my own well-being. I swear I’ve lost years off my life watching the Vols, in any sport lol. I’ve watched the 9th inning replay a dozen times probably. They’ve convinced me that you can never count them out. I’ll watch the whole championship series no matter what happens.

No, I just wanted to make the finals, everything from here is gravy.

Can't agree. I'm incredibly proud of them regardless what happens this weekend, but you just don't get these opportunities that often - hell, for us it's two times ever - so not getting it done would really hurt. And once the first pitch is thrown on Saturday, I promise you that you'll feel exactly the same.

Can't agree. I'm incredibly proud of them regardless what happens this weekend, but you just don't get these opportunities that often - hell, for us it's two times ever - so not getting it done would really hurt. And once the first pitch is thrown on Saturday, I promise you that you'll feel exactly the same.
Probably, but now I feel relaxed and confident.

Feels incredible to be a Volunteers Baseball fan because the Volunteers are in the Championship round.

Well I don’t mind being wrong about the Volunteers defeating the Seminoles in a competitive game mainly because the Volunteers won an uncompetitive game.

Tennessee also defeated Florida State in a College Football National Championship game so Tennessee has the advantage of defeating Florida State in the high stakes games in College Football and in Men’s College World Series games.

Lamkin gave us fits in the SEC tourney last year. And they have 2 or 3 other legitimate studs. We will have to be very disciplined and lay off the junk sliders.
Wansing and Aschenbeck pitched against us in the SEC tourney in 23/ Wansing pitched 8 innings of 1 hit ball and Aschenbeck finished up in a 3-0 Aggie win

Our offense actually is that much better than theirs and it’s really not even close. This year’s offense has better numbers than the 2022 team, you know the team everyone said was the best ever. And least you forget, Tony already said we are playing with house money since a 1 seed hasn’t won this century. Everyone talking FSU up for no reason. We have 50 more home runs than them, 17 more doubles (but according to some all we do is hit home runs???), 58 more runs scored than them. Not saying we will curb stomp them but it will be a lot closer to the margin of the UNC score than the first meeting with FSU. Just average pitching and we will win by 5+ runs.
7-2. 5 runs.

You nailed it!

I won't say I wasn't nervous in the 8th and 9th, tho.

Reactions: VolPack22
And at the post game presser, Coach Link really struggled to just openly and graciously congratulate the Vols - he couldn't say the words. "Clearly thats a good team"? A weak compliment at this level. You could tell he absolutely thought his team was better than ours and it showed in his presser. Makes it even sweeter to beat them. This one really got him, and its one that he wont get over soon. Go Vols

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back