The Official #1 Tennessee @ FSU CWS Game 3 Thread (Wed. June 19 3:45PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSUs offense is really on fire right now. I really wanted to play UNC again. I don’t feel as confident about this game.
I don't understand why everyone is worried about FSU's offense. UT's is much better against better competition, SEC. There is a reason there were 4 teams in the CWS out of 8. SEC is now a beast in baseball too! I know we won 6-1. But, I would rather take my chances on FSU beating UT twice than UNC. UNC had much better pitching this season. UT gave up 11 earned runs a lot of it due to 9 walks. That won't happen again! They messed up when they didn't close the door the first game. They will not beat UT twice! UNC would have had a better chance due to their pitching. I don't see FSU scoring more than 4 runs tomorrow. UT will score at least 5! UT gets it done and rests until Saturday!!!

I may be wrong but I have a feeling this game goes a lot like the 3rd game vs Evansville. We shall see, just have that feeling, we played uncharacteristic vs FSU 9 walks etc... just don't see us repeating that scenario. I think we come out hitting on all cylinders. GBO
This times a thousand!!!

Good lord the amount of slobbering over Jamie Arnold is nauseating. But but but he’s struck out 3000 batters this year! 🤣 His last two outings he has gone a combined 10.1 IP, 15 hits allowed (6 extra base hits), 12 runs (9 earned), 4 walks, and 13 strikeouts. Does that sound like top shelf pitching in big time moments? Nope. He is good but he ain’t that good the way the media keeps talking about him. If our pitching has an average game then it’s OVER. Sorry but I don’t trust any pitching staff to hold our offense down. And even if they do it for 1 game, they sure as heck won’t be doing it 2 games. And that is what any team will have to do to our offense from here on out. We will not be shut down for 2 games against one of these teams. The numbers are in our favor.

So now Link Jarrett is the greatest college baseball ever and beating us 2 straight will be a cakewalk for them.……….i like our chances with CTV. Who in the hell names someone Link? Go Vols! Bring that national championship to Knoxville!
His mom touched herself watching Mod Squad reruns? I really can't say. Or maybe he's named for one of those really tiny breakfast sausages. Or a cocktail weenie.

Last edited:
I was in a different forum that day but I heard the thread here had a crazy meltdown last round and a lot of people sound like they never got their senses back. Waz up with the hand wringing?

We're going to take the fight to them for 27 outs.

Last edited:
So now Link Jarrett is the greatest college baseball ever and beating us 2 straight will be a cakewalk for them.……….i like our chances with CTV. Who in the hell names someone Link? Go Vols! Bring that national championship to Knoxville!

His mom touched herself watching Mod Squad reruns? I really can't say. Or maybe he's named for one of those really tiny breakfast sausages. Should have named him cocktail weenie.
All I know is he is the weakest link.

1718770151783.gif

Weather forecast keeps improving. Rain is now out by gametime with no lightning, 70 degreee temps, and winds out of the NE.

Will post a fresh DongCast when I get back tonight. But if that wind doesn't move, it will be a DongCast.
Well, this forecast keeps changing. Rain is back, but still no lightning.

If you're in Omaha, check it several times tomorrow before you leave the hotel.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
His mom touched herself watching Mod Squad reruns? I really can't say. Or maybe he's named for one of those really tiny breakfast sausages. Or a cocktail weenie.
iu

Collin Wilson of Actionnetwork.com Jun 19, 2024, 12:09 AM EDT:

Zander Sechrist is the third starter in the rotation for Tennessee but has been the most crucial player on the roster over the past month.

The southpaw was on the mound when the Volunteers clinched a spot in the SEC Championship, won the Knoxville Regional and shut down Evansville to solidify a trip to Omaha.

A day of rest also keeps the bullpen fresh, as Nate Snead and Kirby Connell have yet to eclipse 30 pitches in an outing.

Florida State head coach Link Jarrett ended Tuesday night without an answer when asked who would take the mound against Tennessee.

Jamie Arnold started in Friday's opener, throwing 98 pitches over five innings. The last player to start not named Arnold or Carson Dorsey is Conner Whittaker, but the junior allowed two earned runs and faced only five batters in Tuesday's victory over North Carolina.

There's a 65-cent difference in the projections when it comes to the two FSU pitchers who would face Sechrist. Arnold would project as a -135 favorite, while Whittaker would be an underdog at +130.

Seminoles closer Brennen Oxford was not used in the win over the Tar Heels, and he's expected to be used in the tightest spots against Tennessee.

The total also has a large swing depending on the starter, with Whittaker projecting at 13.3 and Arnold coming in at 12.2.

Wednesday's wind projections vary. At times, it could blow out to right field at 10 mph, or it could be a cross-directional wind from left to right field.

Florida State and Tennessee have the two best offenses remaining and combined for 25 runs in the opener. The Vols' opening number is steep, as Arnold may be held back with Dorsey for a potential Bracket 1 championship game on Thursday.

----------

I thought the above was a useful, unbiased opinion that some here would appreciate. Go Vols.

I don't understand why everyone is worried about FSU's offense. UT's is much better against better competition, SEC. There is a reason there were 4 teams in the CWS out of 8. SEC is now a beast in baseball too! I know we won 6-1. But, I would rather take my chances on FSU beating UT twice than UNC. UNC had much better pitching this season. UT gave up 11 earned runs a lot of it due to 9 walks. That won't happen again! They messed up when they didn't close the door the first game. They will not beat UT twice! UNC would have had a better chance due to their pitching. I don't see FSU scoring more than 4 runs tomorrow. UT will score at least 5! UT gets it done and rests until Saturday!!!
Look their offense is really good. I don’t see how you don’t see that. We can absolutely beat them no doubt. But don’t act like our offense is that much better. Like I said, they are essentially playing with house money. Their backs are against the wall. That can make for a dangerous game.

Look their offense is really good. I don’t see how you don’t see that. We can absolutely beat them no doubt. But don’t act like our offense is that much better. Like I said, they are essentially playing with house money. Their backs are against the wall. That can make for a dangerous game.

I don’t disagree, but they gotta do it twice.

Our offense actually is that much better than theirs and it’s really not even close. This year’s offense has better numbers than the 2022 team, you know the team everyone said was the best ever. And least you forget, Tony already said we are playing with house money since a 1 seed hasn’t won this century. Everyone talking FSU up for no reason. We have 50 more home runs than them, 17 more doubles (but according to some all we do is hit home runs???), 58 more runs scored than them. Not saying we will curb stomp them but it will be a lot closer to the margin of the UNC score than the first meeting with FSU. Just average pitching and we will win by 5+ runs.

Let’s hope. I think we’re good, not like we don’t know what he’s got, but he could throw out of his mind, but I like our chances
I just don’t see it happening. UConn rocked him and we got to him as well. 6 extra base hits and 9 earned runs in 10 innings. Honestly they would be better served going with someone we haven’t seen. If they throw Arnold I don’t think he will make it past the 4th inning.

I just don’t see it happening. UConn rocked him and we got to him as well. 6 extra base hits and 9 earned runs in 10 innings. Honestly they would be better served going with someone we haven’t seen. If they throw Arnold I don’t think he will make it past the 4th inning.

From your fingers to…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back