The Official #4 Tennessee @ Arkansas Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

I was talking s*** about USCjr’s garbage qb earlier today about holding the ball and being scared to throw. I think Nico is worse. He has the throwing yips or something. Sometimes you just have to make tough throws or give guys a chance to make a play. He’s a huge disappointment to say the least.

But you just said he can't adapt.
Where did I say that? I’m saying Heupel wasn’t a doofus because he saw how the offense was playing against Oklahoma, didn’t have confidence that they would close it out, and adapted by going to a low risk ball control offense, and put the game in the hands of the defense.

Remember from the earlier post? I understood the Oklahoma game and had no problem with it.

Can’t run the ball in that situation. The draw to Sampson. Lost too much valuable time. Our coach panicked tonight. We will beat the gators. First conference game at home. The playoffs are still there for the taking. Go Vols.
That wasn't a run play Nico fumbled the snap, they were lucky Sampson recovered it.

Lolololol no chance, they'll be headed to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl where 70% of the starters will sit out or hit the portal.

Just trying to stay positive, y'know?

I'd be good with any of the other bowls near saltwater too...Aloha, Gasparilla, Outback, etc. Rough up a mid-level B1G team, feel like the Vols are on the upswing for a few months, and wash-rinse-repeat.

The last 2 games by heupel has really shown he hasn't learned anything from the previous 3 seasons. Plays conservative in a close ballgame. That's the difference in him and other top teir coaches. Most would have went more on 4th down due to points being at a premium but heupel wants to trust the defense that couldn't stop them all night and to top it all off we lose to the backup qb

That's not true.. Watch some breakdowns, there are guys open but he must not them earlier. He's holding on to the ball too long and staring down receivers
Could be. It is starting to look like 8 million wasted. Bandy’s QB is looking under paid right now.

How do we not feel despondent after this? I really want to know. I’ve seen people say at least we saw Bama lose too but they lost a shootout, our rocket powered offense looked anemic and ineffective. I have nothing positive from today and I’m pretty sure we’re in for more pain this season. I just don’t see anything but the cliff and I can’t back away.

And who GAF if Arkansas is playing Rocky Top. People get bent out of shape over the stupidest chit . Arkansas won and can play whatever in the hell makes them feel good .
The same people who adored Dixieland Delight playing after the Bama win. Same principle. You win, you can troll. All part of it.

Fact- you had several chances to be aggressive and put the game away in the 3rd. We do this crap every year where we go tempo but go conservative. It gets us beat more times than not. Nico may be great but right now he’s not that good. He makes some throws but he hasn’t done anything this far to garner the praise he’s received.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Arkansas better than their record. Saban said so and he knows more about football than anybody on here.
Look at their record and how close they were to being 5-0.
I’m not sure what’s going on with the offense, but it appears the OU game exposed some things like tendencies, and Heupel needs to change some things up.
Nico looked awful. I would’ve thought he would be more poised after the OU game. I hope he can get his head right, because this season is not getting easier. Still got a few games out there that the Vols could lose.
Defense is carrying this team, which is a bright spot, but the lack of production on offense is putting too much pressure on them. Especially playing a team that runs the style that Arkansas does.
Good news is that we aren’t the only fan base with a Top 10 team that lost. At least we aren’t Bama 🤷‍♂️
Gotta flush this and get back on the right side next week when Florida comes to Knoxville. Still can make playoffs and much to play for. It’s not like in years past, where a loss would knock you out of the picture.
Praying that Squirrel and our other players are okay.
GB🍊
Any freshman qb with limited big boy football experience is going to struggle in a good enviroment when his OL can not block. He was sacked what 5 times and hit 20 ? Predictable play calls and lack of creativity had a lot to do with what we saw. Got to use the layers and underneath stuff, rb in the flat, throw some screens etc. More slants would help.

VN Store

Back