The Official #4 Tennessee @ Arkansas Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

The money he makes doesn't mean he can be attacked. That's just trashy

Can’t run the ball in that situation. The draw to Sampson. Lost too much valuable time. Our coach panicked tonight. We will beat the gators. First conference game at home. The playoffs are still there for the taking. Go Vols.
That was not a draw. Nico didn’t catch the snap and Sampson happened to catch it and took off with it.

An actual post from someone that is a true fan. This team did not play well tonight, but the fools that are acting like we are 0-5 rather than 4-1 are completely off their rocker. The first time this year that they have looked rattled in a hostile environment. Let's see if they learn from what they feel right now and what they see in the film room this week.
lol. They are not very good. Hope I am wrong.

Stupid penalties, missed throws, missed blocks, slow start.
All annoying as heck, all fixable. Whether they get fixed or not will be story of the season. Bottom line is we got whipped on the OL. That is what loses games in the SEC no matter who you are.
Defense ran out of gas in the 4th qtr from being on the field the entire first half

Reactions: Dadof2Vols
Not going for that one 4th down and short was the nail in the coffin. We had just scored two touchdowns previously and we were on their side of the field.
Agree with you. The defense was still playing well and would not have been in any worse shape. Hindsight is 20/20 but felt like we got super conservative and paid for it.

How do we not feel despondent after this? I really want to know. I’ve seen people say at least we saw Bama lose too but they lost a shootout, our rocket powered offense looked anemic and ineffective. I have nothing positive from today and I’m pretty sure we’re in for more pain this season. I just don’t see anything but the cliff and I can’t back away.
Would you feel better if Vanderbilt dropped 40 on our defense?

Offensive play calling was the issue tonight. Yes, Nico was inaccurate, but as a coach you gotta be aggressive. We didn’t stretch the field at all and we made played right into their gameplan. We should have put our foot on their throats when we went up 14-3. You can’t coach scared in this league.

Reactions: RockytopJYB
They didn’t get Nico out of the pocket enough. He seems reluctant to run for some reason when it’s there. But tonight his passes were off, the offense was out of sync all night. I don’t know what the problem was but the whole night nothing looked out of sync. Nico looked bewildered for some reason. GBO

VN Store

Back