The Official #4 Tennessee @ Arkansas Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

My god you would think our season is over with these comments
Making the playoff is extremely unlikely now. Winning at least one of Bama/UGA is basically a must now in addition to having zero room for error in the others. Considering that we just got absolutely dominated by ****ing Arkansas, that seems pretty far fetched.

True but the defense couldn't get off the field either. We are not as good as I thought and that is what is disappointing.
Yeah but keeping someone to 19 points will win most ballgames in today's era of college football. All around a horrible effort by all fronts (offense, defense, special teams, and coaching)

Reactions: BreatheUT
And we will continue on the path we have been on for over 2 decades. Why don't you look at the records for the last dozen or more head coaches for Tennessee. You will see that only Phillip Fulmer and shockingly Bill Battle have better records in their first 4 years. Do you know the common denominator with those two? Both started with loaded teams from the previous head coach. CJH definitely did not have that luck. You would have definitely fired Johnny Majors before he got going. He had a losing record his first four years following Bill Battle.
I don’t give a **** about the past. Has nothing to do with today. We are more talented than Arkansas. What we just watched was awful. We had no business losing this game. Felt the same way against South Carolina in 2022. And florida last year. I’m seeing a pattern. We have got to get that figured out. Like I said, if we lose to Florida next week, heupel will start to feel the heat

These 2 SEC games and all of last season just remind me what a special season Hooker had for us! Was expecting Nico to be a taller Bryce Young but he’s certainly not there yet.
Maybe he will get there. I was at the Oklahoma game and Nico looked unsure of himself. He was worse tonight and his performance is very concerning.

The prognosticators were spot on saying 9-3 this yr. I said 10-2 but don’t see that happening. We always lose a game we shouldn’t (Arkansas). We won’t beat Bama or UGA as they will carve our DBs apart and pressure Nico.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
If this is how Heupel calls games with a good defense then give me the 2022 D back, at least we knew we always had a shot with explosive plays. This team does not throw down the damn field.

**** play calling, laying eggs on the road and ****ing PENALTIES. Penalties have been a problem since he got there.
And people bitch about negavols, this is why. So disappointing.

Gimme a break, he looked like a deer in the headlights all night long. There were broken plays where ge could gave easily picked up 7 or 8 yards, but he wouldn't commit. This is the big dog's club, fish or cut bait.
Again RS freshman. They’re young and they’re dumb from time to time.

I agree with you though. He should’ve ran more to the outside and made them respect his mobility.

Elarbee hasn’t developed anyone.
He sucks. I’m not trying to be mean or emotional, but dude hasn’t recruited and developed a starter out of high school in 4 years. He’s just not a great coach. We could do a lot worse, but we could do better. Our OL penalties are insane. It’s every game, especially on the road.

Arkansas‘ defense up front just whipped us. I think a lot of those bad running plays were RPOs where Nico reads the field. They were lining up with 5 in the box and we had 5 offensive linemen and a tight end to block 5 and we couldn’t do it. If Nico sees the safety coming up or a corner sneaking in, he is supposed to pull it and run or throw. All the metrics say hand it off there so Nico made the right read. Their 5 consistently handled our 6. Penalties sure didn’t help.

I give Petrino props.....crossing patterns, rub routes, middle screens and counter play runs. He respected the TN defense and DL and called it accordingly. We max protect due to the OL and run the same plays, run or pass. Not even a designed QB run. There just seems some serious trust issues. If not, things are worse.

VN Store

Back