The Official #4 Tennessee @ Arkansas Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

Like I said in the Kent State thread....Onside Kicking up 30 in the FIRST QUARTER (against a team who lost 13 straight games against D-I competition) will usually come back and bite you. And it did.

Hate me if you want. And of course there is way more to it than that...but football karma is a funny thing. Literally the moment we did that I knew an inexcusable (South Carolina/Arkansas type) loss was coming this year. And here we are.
I get what you are saying but I don’t believe in karma. This loss was due to poor preparation, poor coaching, poor OL play, stupid penalties, and poor QB play.

As depressing as the game was, coming on here and seeing all the whining and quitting might be worse. What a f***king weak ass fan base - one second it's "who'll be easier to beat, UGa or Bama?", and the next it's "Nico is a fraud, the offense is a gimmick, recruits are gonna leave, and fire Banks!". C'mon guys, the world isn't ending.

There were a bunch of plays, where if we make one of them we win the game. To me, the biggest play was the stupid roughing the punter call when we had the momentum and got a stop. Get the ball there and score again and the game is over.

Josh got way too conservative, and this time we didn't play lockdown defense like at Oklahoma. They're a weird offense and tough to deal with the mobile QB. They made no mistakes, didn't turn it over, which is their main weakness. Bad loss, but that's a tough place to play - schiit happens.

Reactions: jtdavis
Sorry, just one more time for emphasis. While the performance is fresh.

"A TEN PERCENT (10%) "TALENT FEE" WILL BE ADDED TO ALL 2025 SEASON TICKETS TO DIRECTLY COMPENSATE THE PLAYERS

FANS WILL HAVE THE OPTION TO ADD

A D D I T I O N A L

G R A T U I T Y

THAT WILL ALSO GO DIRECTLY TO THE PLAYERS."
DONT EVEN BOTHER TO PURCHASE A TICKET.

Why did Heupel go into a shell at Oklahoma and now at Arkansas? He knows our oline is not very good. Downright bad at times.

There is NO ONE on this line remotely close to Darnell Wright. We hoped Heared would be a stud.

Thus far he is not. The other guys are just very pedestrian. Mincey was better than what we have.

The oline is severely limiting what Heupel can call. And Nico is very limited right now.

This one is on the poor play calling and on Nico but also don’t forget the big jump Hendon made in year two compared to year one. I just wish we had this defense next year when Nico starts mastering this offense.
I totally get your point and I agree, but I really want to say “mastering what offense? We don’t have one against teams with a pulse”

Sorry, just one more time for emphasis. While the performance is fresh.

"A TEN PERCENT (10%) "TALENT FEE" WILL BE ADDED TO ALL 2025 SEASON TICKETS TO DIRECTLY COMPENSATE THE PLAYERS

FANS WILL HAVE THE OPTION TO ADD

A D D I T I O N A L

G R A T U I T Y

THAT WILL ALSO GO DIRECTLY TO THE PLAYERS."
Not from my wallet. Not with this kind of showing.

VN Store

Back