The Official #4 Tennessee @ Arkansas Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

Point is not much we can do about it is there? They’ll get it fixed. It’s a young team and a long season.
I hope they get it fixed. But we all just witnessed a Joe Milton like performance from our savior 5 star 8 million dollar qb. People will be upset. If you can’t handle it, log off.

Nico is not seeing the field. He locks in and only looks away late, usually after the play has broken down. Hopefully that will improve, if not he is not going to be a great QB.
I agree. And everyone saying he is young and it will happen in time . . . Well sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t. Time will tell.

We truly have some useless individuals that post on this site. The team was winning so the MegaNegas couldn't unleash the venomous bike. Now they are spewing it all over this board. I don't even care if this makes Freak upset. I CAN'T STAND FAIR WEATHER FANS!!!!!!

When they go over the game film. Nico needs to look at how he stared down his receiver all night, should've took and ran.
OL needs to work on stop jumping because a team freaking shifts, you know the snap count. Stop flitching
Coach Hype needs to look at his poor clock management and why he's gone so conservative with play calling.
Defense did their part for the most part.

Yeah but keeping someone to 19 points will win most ballgames in today's era of college football. All around a horrible effort by all fronts (offense, defense, special teams, and coaching)

This is true. Remember the special teams ran into the punter which kept a drive alive. Then our defense didn't stop them and Arky got 3 out of it.

You guys are absolutely freaking stupid. Nico will be fine. With any freshman there are going to be growing moments no matter what they are paid. We had a chance as a team to win this game well before the last play. Stupid mistakes, play calling, penalties you name it. They still have everything to play for. But they have to get better and humble themselves and go to work. To be completely honest I believe this was the worst game plan Heupel has had as a coach here. The Defense did enough but in a close game discipline will get you beat. That is exactly what happened tonight. The OL sucked, Nico got rattled, couple that with the watered down play calls run run pass, welp there you have it. Arkansas played cleaner. Congrats and on to the next game
I bet you kept all of your participation trophies.

Nico is not seeing the field. He locks in and only looks away late, usually after the play has broken down. Hopefully that will improve, if not he is not going to be a great QB.
Line isn’t helping. Sampson on a swing pass will loosen up the coverage but he somehow can only be used in the middle of the field

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I don’t know what the deal is, but something is in his head. Watch him stare down receivers and dance the entire time. It’s almost like he’s afraid to go to the second or third options, and when the first option isn’t there, he takes off or takes a sack.

I think he will get there. The talent is undeniable. But I feel like he’s in his head and the playbook has mysteriously disappeared into this vanilla ice cream cone iteration that we see today.
Time will tell.

Overlook anyone and you will get beat.
Tennessee came in and acted like they could just go through the motions and take it back to Knoxville.
Exactly. Spent too much time reading their press clippings and hearing how great they are. The whole team slept walked thru the game and, just like Bama today, that will get you beat. Add stupid penalties like drive killing false starts and the roughing the punter penalty and a loss is no surprise. Didn’t deserve to win it.

Just leave the board, please

Nope, Tennessee just blew a 14-3 lead, against a mediocre SEC team on the road, in what should have been a very winnable game to continue to lay the foundation for a special season, obviously not happening with this team as shown tonight, Heuple looked like Foolmer out there tonight, taking the air off the ball, zero offensive big play threats, the same dysfunction that presented itself against South Carolina two years ago showed up again tonight, coming out of an off week, not sure why this complete breakdown occurs on the road in significant games, but it does

He didn’t know he was past the chains

If somebody had caught any of the previous 8 balls that hit them in the hands and couldn't come up with it, we would've run out the clock for victory.
Maybe so, but his situational awareness has to basically be 2 things. 1. Don’t take a sack. 2. Make sure the ball crosses the goal line to give someone a chance to make a play.

Credit to Arkansas’ d for mixing it up tonight, but Nico struggled. He didn’t see what he needed to see, he was hesitant and he didn’t manage the game great. Mostly this falls on the coaching staff, very rarely has Heupel not had our team ready play, especially off of a bye, but we just didn’t look like we had any excitement or purpose during 4/5ths of the game.

VN Store

Back