The Official #4 Tennessee @ Arkansas Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

4 losses in a row is a real possibility.

1. Well . . . We all know how we play against Florida. Their offense isn’t very good . . . But then again neither is our offense. And . . . They own UT. And have for a very long time.

2. Bama.

3. UGA.

Losing 4 in a row is very possible.

On the one hand . . . Nico is young and developing. On the other hand . . . Some of what we see is worrisome . . . And not typical for star QBs.

Sometimes his play was very Milton like tonight (overthrows / staring guys down / slow decision making).

The Florida game - per usual - is key. If we lose it . . . Then I really think we lose 4 in a row. This team won’t beat Bama or UGA. Bama had their bad game today . . . Unlikely it happens again.

Who thought we would ever say this:

We are wasting a good defense.
Not as great as we thought. D line is great. Secondary once again is garbage.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
Maybe he will get there. I was at the Oklahoma game and Nico looked unsure of himself. He was worse tonight and his performance is very concerning.
One of the things that irks me about Nico is that he’s just too chill. No emotions. He doesn’t get onto his OL or his WR’s. He doesn’t lead. He’s silent. He doesn’t have the killer instinct. I’d like to see the Vols with a QB that plays with fire. The Vandy QB had fire today, he lead his team and beat Bama, and Vandy doesn’t pay him $8 million.

Like I said in the Kent State thread....Onside Kicking up 30 in the FIRST QUARTER (against a team who lost 13 straight games against D-I competition) will usually come back and bite you. And it did.

Hate me if you want. And of course there is way more to it than that...but football karma is a funny thing. Literally the moment we did that I knew an inexcusable (South Carolina/Arkansas type) loss was coming this year. And here we are.

With that said...we still have an excellent shot at the playoff...if we can get it together and take care of business from here out.
Do you have any lottery numbers to suggest

Reactions: minorvol
I really believe teams have a blueprint on how to stop the offense now. Our wide receivers run miles of go routes. Gonna have to get creative in that 7-10 yard area, utilize the te, hot quick routes etc because what worked the first 2 years is gone

Take the training wheels off Nico and let him sling it. You can only run the inside zone SO MANY TIMES!
Hard to do when your line can't protect and your WRs can't get separation. I think our biggest issue is with our WRs. They're average at best. And after seeing balls hit hands and not get caught and punts allowed to hit and roll....I'm ready to see a lot more of Boo and Matthews.

Reactions: LibertyVol
We truly have some useless individuals that post on this site. The team was winning so the MegaNegas couldn't unleash the venomous bike. Now they are spewing it all over this board. I don't even care if this makes Freak upset. I CAN'T STAND FAIR WEATHER FANS!!!!!!

Then take a deep breath, log off, and get some sleep, bud. Wipe off the ol orange-tinted shades tomorrow morning, for tomorrow is a new day.

Making the playoff is extremely unlikely now. Winning at least one of Bama/UGA is basically a must now in addition to having zero room for error in the others. Considering that we just got absolutely dominated by ****ing Arkansas, that seems pretty far fetched.
Have you looked at the Top10/15 games today? almost half were upsets: UT, Bama, Mich, USC, Mizzou, Miami losing, etc

When they go over the game film. Nico needs to look at how he stared down his receiver all night, should've took and ran.
OL needs to work on stop jumping because a team freaking shifts, you know the snap count. Stop flitching
Coach Hype needs to look at his poor clock management and why he's gone so conservative with play calling.
Defense did their part for the most part.
Dead on, all accounts.

Nico staring down his first option and tap dancing until all of his other options were covered up had me screaming at the TV.

OL just played completely undisciplined. They got manhandled from the jump.

And Heup’s play calling and clock management speaks for itself. Love the guy and what he’s done, but nothing can explain what’s going on with this offense since the OK game. Something is really off and I hope it’s not behind the scenes drama.

It’s one loss. Was it bad? Of course it was. I wonder how it feels losing to Vandy? Not great I bet.
So fans should just not be critical because it could’ve been Vandy instead? I’ll say it again. If you are going to get upset at fans criticizing the game, heupels playcalling, Nicos play, etc. Then you should just log off. Because there is plenty of legitimate criticism

VN Store

Back