The Official #6 TENNESSEE (3-0) vs. #15 Oklahoma (3-0) Thread - Zone Edition - 9/21 @ 7:30 EST - from Memorial Stadium (Norman, OK) - ABC

Reactions: malinoisvol
Oklahoma was favored at the open, -4.5 to -3.5. This seems humorous or ridiculous now with the line being Tennessee -7. Referencing the open should appear a “Rusty” thing to do to most of you.

I thoroughly enjoyed this. I can appreciate Venables genuineness and his respect for Heupel. Some good stuff.

Brent Venables' comments about Josh Heupel will give Oklahoma fans and Tennessee fans chills​

Oklahoma Sooners head coach Brent Venables knows Tennessee Vols head coach Josh Heupel as well as anyone in the industry.

Venables was Oklahoma's defensive coordinator from 1999 to 2011. He was an assistant in Norman during Heupel's two years as a player (including the 2000 season when OU won the national championship). And he served alongside Heupel as an assistant coach for seven seasons.

Suffice it to say, Venables and Heupel have plenty of memories together that center on their time at Oklahoma.

Reactions: Tin Man
Oklahoma was favored at the open, -4.5 to -3.5. This seems humorous or ridiculous now with the line being Tennessee -7. Referencing the open should appear a “Rusty” thing to do to most of you.
You been drinking more than normal the past couple of months? I only ask because there have been several times lately that you've posted something that made me think to myself "he must be drunk".

You been drinking more than normal the past couple of months? I only ask because there have been several times lately that you've posted something that made me think to myself "he must be drunk".
No, baby aspirin eater, I seldom consume alcohol these days. Just attribute whatever you find weird about my posts to my high fevers as a child.

At this point this line is rediculous, we saw them sputter against Tulane (which I will admit always has a decent team, but like Vandy decent) If someone will give you good odds at -14 take it......let me put it another way if we can't beat this oklahoma team by at least two TD's, we're unprepared for Bama or Georgia in a big way. I'm still of the belief that Ga-Ky was a fluke and Ga trying to choke itself again as they are prone to do. Surely they are better then that. So far this year our A teams have basically only played 1/2 of football games. They'll be in all four quarters likely Saturday....it will be a murder that OU is unprepared for. WGWTFA and you KNOW THIS.

If you have doubts watch Tulane Okies again with focus on Tulane penetrating the O line like swiss cheese.

The line was -7.5 yesterday when you posted and they were never favored at all as far as I can tell. I think that I heard that it was as high as -8.5.

Reactions: 508mikey
This is why you are ridiculed. Seriously, I try to stay mostly neutral but DAMN.
My good poitch sitter, those who ridicule me do so for their own amusement. Some times, they’re trying to provoke me. I don’t care.
sounds like 12 points to me since we are already 7.5 favorites.
We are frequently mentally lazy on VN. We don’t come to the Zone to challenge ourselves or hone our debate skills. I don’t wish to tar you with the Rusty brush, but you sometimes get my subtle posts. Referencing the opening odds favoring OK by 4.5 (or 3.5, depending on who you’re referencing) and stating my desire for a Vols upset victory was my humorous take on the open. I’m sure you would prefer “Can you believe they opened with OK -3.5?! Idiots.”

VN Store

Back