The Official #8 Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

let's face it. This team is not good. We shouldn't be thinking about a playoff team anyway. We need to be hoping for a bowl game.

They absolutely can be. When you coast in a game and don’t run an offense you risk what you’re seeing happening. This is just a continuous hangover.

He can't even use his biggest weapon, mobility, because the OL holds every time he flushed. this is just hard to watch. We need some WR routes underneath not just screens. It seems every play it's home run ball or straight up the middle.
You mean mid WR screens on 2nd and long are a bad idea? o_O

While the two holding penalties were by the letter of the law correct we see every week our guys getting raped and it is never called. I don’t understand. Not blaming the refs but those calls were very big. Seems they always call them on us right when we are getting something going.
We get so many holding penalties because we throw everything from the pocket. No roll outs or bootlegs. Nico gets scared and won’t throw it away so he runs outside and our tackles are locked up and it’s always a hold. I feel sorry for them.

Nico getting flustered, not making progressions, forcing throws and being sloppy with the ball. He's in a slump for sure but it has a lot to do with the consistency of our Oline.
I’ll say it again, teams with a pulse have figured out how to stop this offense and if we keep running the same stuff they study on film and do nothing different we will see this until we get to utep. DC at Arkansas knew exactly what we were running

Reactions: alavolfan
Which one ? Serious question Arch playing sh1t teams ? He has a much better OL I would argue they have much better talent at WR as well. I will say Nimrod needs to play as he gets seperation. We need the OL to give a damn and let Nico settle in. The kid has a TON of pressure from this fan base but even being paid whatever his real NIL is .... The coaches need to put him in better positions to succeed. Nico needs to make better decisions with the football everything doesn't have to be 20 yards down field. The deep ball will come with confidence and he has lost some dating back to Oklahoma when his didn’t allow him to play the game. Just my opinion and maybe some of this is why. There will be mistakes with a young QB no matter who you put in. This OL is bad, let's hope they get it together and show something.
This is trash. Time for Nico to get some responsibility. Online is awful. But even when Nico has time he’s looked like garbage. Overthrows, ints, fumbles. He gets some of the blame to.

Reactions: MeanOrange
Heupel isn’t going to bench Nico. We can only hope they ask him to run more, protect the football and hit the check down man. If he can’t do that, then we are just totally screwed until he gets his head together. He’s lost in a fog now.

let's face it. This team is not good. We shouldn't be thinking about a playoff team anyway. We need to be hoping for a bowl game.

Miss state and UTEP will get the bowl game. But it would still be a very disappointing season to wind up in the famous Idaho potato bowl

VN Store

Back