The Official #8 Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

At least it would show that we are trying something .. trotting Nico back out as he continues to not get the job done doesn’t pass the mustard
Trying something that has a near zero chance of working and confirming to who will likely be your starter that you have no conference in him. Your basically forfeiting the season. It's about as desperate a move as that go for it on our own 11 call.

Or maybe it just takes time to develop into the best version of himself. It doesn't akways have to be boom or bust like the

While the two holding penalties were by the letter of the law correct we see every week our guys getting raped and it is never called. I don’t understand. Not blaming the refs but those calls were very big. Seems they always call them on us right when we are getting something going.
Or are we only makin plays because of the penalties? Just part of the game if you ask me. We typically get as many as we take in my opinion.

I do question the technique being taught to our OTs when their first contact is high on the outside of shoulder pads. That is bad technique and exacerbates the likelihood of being called for holding. Hands should be inside the shoulders and on the tits.

The first 2 possessions of the second half will be telling. If Nico can show some lessons learned there is hope for him. Hoping for a shorter learning curve.

Reactions: Sarms58
The defense has allowed some gashing runs, but has held the line at critical times. I hope the offense will wake up and show the same resolve.

I think it’s better to go into a season without high expectations. 2022 I went into thinking it would be great to finish 8-4 or 9-3. I need to temper my expectations. Its better to be pleasantly surprised.

They absolutely can be. When you coast in a game and don’t run an offense you risk what you’re seeing happening. This is just a continuous hangover.

Disagree! Today and last week is a reason we have not run a wide open offense all season IMO. We don't have the team to run it. The O-Line is below average, the QB is below average, and the WRs are not as elite as needed for a Heupel wide open offense.

Seriously there may only be 2 wins left this season if the Vols drop this game.

Vandy playing well & with confidence, UK too.

Bama was sloppy today but has better athletes everywhere vs UF.

UGA away will be a loss.

Only MSU & UTEP seem favorable matchups.

VN Store

Back