The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Knoxville Super Regional Game 3 Thread (Sun. June 9th 7:06PM EST) (ESPNU)

I get it but how long if we don't win a Natty soon until some of the shine wears off a Tony maybe loses some of that magic.
We’ve been waiting forever as it is, but we just gotta keep hope alive that it’s gonna happen. This is a very difficult sport to win a NC in and Tony is doing everything he can.

In your scenario our plan was to wait til the ninth inning and sneak up on them to make up for a five run deficit? We were taking, and getting behind on mediocre pitchers all night. I’m not complaining about the ninth inning. By then, the odds of coming back were very long.
I would have rather had Burke at the plate. Call me crazy or whatever. Burke is a MLB batter. CMO has had a great year, don't get me wrong.

I guess if your a great coach like V is then it doesn't matter. He is like the Saban of baseball.
I get it and it’s easy to worry about stuff like that when you have BVS. But I also like to keep the glass full and think that maybe, just maybe, CTV is different. Basketball, while it has not won a national championship (or made it to the final four), is doing great despite all of the negative predictions posted by “fans”. Football seems to be on a good path, but it is early yet.

You could definitely be, and has been, much worse! It is great to be talking about stuff like this at this time of the year.

The biggest weakness of Evansville on defense is their transfer C from KY. Defensively, he’s below average and has a horrible time throwing out runners. We need to take advantage of that when the opportunity presents himself.
Except we are not a good base stealing team.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
They started beating on the seats and it got intense in the 9th, but yes, too much sitting.

I want it to be indistinguishable from a football game in there. Standing and yelling won't unnerve every pitcher but it can get to some. If we as a fan base can do anything to help the team I think we should be doing it. Let the complainers behind you pound sand
Apparently their first baseman wasn’t too happy yesterday as he supposedly “eye balled” the student section. Unfortunately, the student section is too far from the pitcher.

Reactions: Ned Land
And then they turned around and beat the brakes off that same Big 10 team 15-3. Any team can get lucky and win 1 game. Southern Miss is a proven program. Those Big 10 teams went a combined 3-6 in the NCAAT. Congrats 🍾
You have a rebuttal for everything. A lot of folks who know ball better than you and I had UF has a preseason top 5 team for a reason, they’ve finally put it together in the tournament and late in the SEC reg season. They’re not here simply for beating Nebraska. Very similar to us last year but the record is worse as a result of their schedule. Give them our non-conf schedule and they’re every bit of 8-10 games better than their record is today.

I would have rather had Burke at the plate. Call me crazy or whatever. Burke is a MLB batter. CMO has had a great year, don't get me wrong.
My point was about taking all first pitches throughout the game. That was a coaching decision that I believe hurt us. I like Burke at the plate too.

While we wait, some Vols baseball trivia:

What Volunteer player holds the record for most team victories?

VN Store

Back