The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Knoxville Super Regional Game 3 Thread (Sun. June 9th 7:06PM EST) (ESPNU)

While I understand the sentiment, I guarantee you that neither the players nor CTV give half a crap about what anonymous internet posters type behind their keyboards.

Enjoy your day, but don't let a few bad apples spoil your opportunity to watch us win this one live. I'll be there and we'll be loud.

While I understand the sentiment, I guarantee you that neither the players nor CTV give half a crap about what anonymous internet posters type behind their keyboards.

Enjoy your day, but don't let a few bad apples spoil your opportunity to watch us win this one live. I'll be there and we'll be loud.

Bring it!!! Get all over em!!!

Game 1 Evansville used Kenton Deverman, Shane Harris, and Jakob Meyer
Game 2 Evansville used Donovan Schultz, Max Hansmann, Nick Smith, Shane Harris & Jakob Meyer

Top pitchers based on innings pitched
Kenton Deverman (111)
Donovan Schultz (90.2)
Shane Harris (75.1)

Kevin Reed (57.1)
Jakob Meyer (44.1)
Nick Smith (39.2)

Drew Fieger (37.2)
Max Hansmann (37)
Jace Kressin (18.2)

So they will start Kevin Reed he has a 7.38 ERA on the year and is 5-2, they'll most likely turn to Drew Fieger first out of the pen his ERA is 7.65 and then Jace Kressin has a 6.75 ERA. Max Hansmann might be available to them as well, he only pitched 24 in 1 IP yesterday, but not sure they'll use him.

For us

Game 1 Chris Stamos, AJ Causey, Kriby Connell, Aaron Combs
Game 2 Drew Beam, Andrew Behnke, Nate Snead, JJ Garcia, Kirby Connell

Drew Beam (93.1)
AJ Causey (86.0)
Nate Snead (66)

Zander Sechrist (60)
Kirby Connell (42.2)
Aaron Combs (37.1
Chris Stamos (31.1)
Dylan Loy (27.2)
Andrew Behnke (26)
Marcus Phillips (17)
Matthew Dallas (14.1)

So assume we start Zander Sechrist his ERA is 3.60 on the year and he's 3-1, then we still could use Combs (he only pitched 20 in Game 1) his ERA is 2.65, we also have Loy available with an ERA of 2.28 (lowest on team with more than 3 IP).

We just need to hit them early and often, ideally seeing Fieger before the 4th would be positive. If Zander can cook and get into the 6th we should be cruising.

Well, tough decision today.

I love watching this team play. I have been following TN baseball a long, long time. I joined this board, after lurking for years, when I was diagnosed with cancer in 2022 and was in the midst of radiation, chemo and hormone therapy. Alot of these players who will be in their last game at LNS tonight were the youngsters on that '22 team.

The board was lots of fun and provided me with a much needed community, as well as a distraction from all that other stuff, when I was exausted at the end of the day.

We cheered hard during SEC weekends, but the best moments, for me, were the Tuesday games, the games where the regulars were the only ones here. We got to know each other (as much as one does on a message board.) We laughed a lot. Our humor has even found it's way to some other threads.

Cheering for the Vols on the board took me back to the early 90's undergrad days. It has been a lot of fun.

As we have had more success, the gameday threads have gotten more attention. With that attention has come more posters. Some of those new posters seem to thrive on the negative, or posting off their emotional response to every moment of every game, often in a way that is personal and ugly towards individual players and coaches.

Everyone has the right to post here, of course. I just know that today's game will go one of two ways. If we win, I will enjoy watching a replay when I get home. If we lose, a little part of me will be so very sad to say goodbye to a group of young men who helped bring this old man some joy during very difficult times. If we lose, I will not handle the vitriolic attacks that I know will come towards our players and coaches. I would likely get banned for the sharp things I would say in response to those posts.

So, I am going golfing this evening. If we lose, I can hit "delete" on my recording and grieve the losing fan's grief. If we win, I will join the thread during the replay, following along as the game goes along, and posting joyously late to the party!

Go Big Orange! You all cheer us to victory!

-RW-

Win or lose, this team is special to me, and I will remain ALL VOL!
Well said sir. And I hope this message finds you in good health, with many many more days of watching baseball ahead of you!

Game 1 Evansville used Kenton Deverman, Shane Harris, and Jakob Meyer
Game 2 Evansville used Donovan Schultz, Max Hansmann, Nick Smith, Shane Harris & Jakob Meyer

Kenton Deverman (111)
Donovan Schultz (90.2)
Shane Harris (75.1)

Kevin Reed (57.1)
Jakob Meyer (44.1)
Nick Smith (39.2)

Drew Fieger (37.2)
Max Hansmann (37)
Jace Kressin (18.2)

So they will start Kevin Reed he has a 7.38 ERA on the year and is 5-2, they'll most likely turn to Drew Fieger first out of the pen his ERA is 7.65 and then Jace Kressin has a 6.75 ERA. Max Hansmann might be available to them as well, he only pitched 24 in 1 IP yesterday, but not sure they'll use him.

For us

Game 1 Chris Stamos, AJ Causey, Kriby Connell, Aaron Combs
Game 2 Drew Beam, Andrew Behnke, Nate Snead, JJ Garcia, Kirby Connell

Drew Beam (93.1)
AJ Causey (86.0)
Nate Snead (66)

Zander Sechrist (60)
Kirby Connell (42.2)
Aaron Combs (37.1
Chris Stamos (31.1)
Dylan Loy (27.2)
Andrew Behnke (26)
Marcus Phillips (17)
Matthew Dallas (14.1)

So assume we start Zander Sechrist his ERA is 3.60 on the year and he's 3-1, then we still could use Combs (he only pitched 20 in Game 1) his ERA is 2.65, we also have Loy available with an ERA of 2.28 (lowest on team with more than 3 IP).

We just need to hit them early and often, ideally seeing Fieger before the 4th would be positive. If Zander can cook and get into the 6th we should be cruising.

All hands on deck today but Beam. I did not think last night that AJ Causey would be involved today, apparently, I was incorrect. They might pluck Earl out the front row…all the marbles and all.

I think this game is one where pitch count doesnt matter .. I can see both sides using 5 or 6 .. if a lefty is coming up with 2 on I wouldn't be surprised to see kirby for 1 one out.. cobble together 27 outs there is no tomorrow

All hands on deck today but Beam. I did not think last night that AJ Causey would be involved today, apparently, I was incorrect. They might pluck Earl out the front row…all the marbles and all.

Where did you see that?

Causey and Beam are the only two that have pitched 80 or more.

Kirby appeared both games, but only pitched 43 no one else has hit 40 pitches so far... so yeah I think Beam (and I also was assuming Causey) would be the only 2 for sure unavailable tonight.

Where did you see that?

Causey and Beam are the only two that have pitched 80 or more.

Kirby appeared both games, but only pitched 43 no one else has hit 40 pitches so far... so yeah I think Beam (and I also was assuming Causey) would be the only 2 for sure unavailable tonight.

I listened to a pod last night…I ain’t saying Causey WILL play, Zander will start…go from there. The postgame indicated it too which I hadn’t watched until much later.

I love watching this team play. I have been following TN baseball a long, long time. I joined this board, after lurking for years, when I was diagnosed with cancer in 2022 and was in the midst of radiation, chemo and hormone therapy. Alot of these players who will be in their last game at LNS tonight were the youngsters on that '22 team.

The board was lots of fun and provided me with a much needed community, as well as a distraction from all that other stuff, when I was exausted at the end of the day.

We cheered hard during SEC weekends, but the best moments, for me, were the Tuesday games, the games where the regulars were the only ones here. We got to know each other (as much as one does on a message board.) We laughed a lot. Our humor has even found it's way to some other threads.

Cheering for the Vols on the board took me back to the early 90's undergrad days. It has been a lot of fun.

As we have had more success, the gameday threads have gotten more attention. With that attention has come more posters. Some of those new posters seem to thrive on the negative, or posting off their emotional response to every moment of every game, often in a way that is personal and ugly towards individual players and coaches.

Everyone has the right to post here, of course. I just know that today's game will go one of two ways. If we win, I will enjoy watching a replay when I get home. If we lose, a little part of me will be so very sad to say goodbye to a group of young men who helped bring this old man some joy during very difficult times. If we lose, I will not handle the vitriolic attacks that I know will come towards our players and coaches. I would likely get banned for the sharp things I would say in response to those posts.

So, I am going golfing this evening. If we lose, I can hit "delete" on my recording and grieve the losing fan's grief. If we win, I will join the thread during the replay, following along as the game goes along, and posting joyously late to the party!

-RW-

I agree this team is special in a lot of ways. Can't believe this could be several guys last game. However I think we come out with a can of whoop ass and take care of business. I don't believe the leaders of this team will let us wilt under pressure. Fan's should be loud and proud. LFG

I think this game is one where pitch count doesnt matter .. I can see both sides using 5 or 6 .. if a lefty is coming up with 2 on I wouldn't be surprised to see kirby for 1 one out.. cobble together 27 outs there is no tomorrow

Pretty sure all arms for both teams will be available tonight. Guarantee that Shane Harris kid will pitch again since he’s been mowing us down. I would imagine we may even see Causey for an inning if things goes sideways for us.

Maybe... but the Aces have seen more volume from their guys they have used so far.

Deverman hit 89
Meyer hit 70 (played both games)
Harris hit 68 (played both games too)
Smith hit 52 yesterday
Schultz hit 48

I like our arms more than theirs... We had 2 go for 80 or more and then no one else has pitched 45 yet. They have 5 of their main 8 already sitting at 45 or more pitches so far.

-RW-

We men tend to get more sentimental as we age. It often puts us in moments that are "inconvenient," but also richly rewarding. Maybe that's just God's way of letting us catch up on the other side of life.

So kudos to you for knowing your limits, taking charge of your day, and choosing to do something that maintains a positive attitude. Enjoy the course, and we'll do what we can to have your Welcome Back Home gift neatly wrapped up and ready for replay.

Might I propose a slight tweak to one of General Neyland’s maxims?

If at first the game - or the breaks - go against you (or go in your favor) , don't let up... put on more steam.

Don’t take the foot off the gas until the last out! No coasting!

You packin' golf balls or mustard bottles?

Maybe... but the Aces have seen more volume from their guys they have used so far.

Deverman hit 89
Meyer hit 70 (played both games)
Harris hit 68 (played both games too)
Smith hit 52 yesterday
Schultz hit 48

I like our arms more than theirs... We had 2 go for 80 or more and then no one else has pitched 45 yet. They have 5 of their main 8 already sitting at 45 or more pitches so far.
I agree, I think we are in better shape, but I was also referring to it won't be a traditional 'get starter to 90 to chase him' because both sides will use everyone even if it's just to get one inning or even a lefty right match up one batter

Might I propose a slight tweak to one of General Neyland’s maxims?

If at first the game - or the breaks - go against you (or go in your favor) , don't let up... put on more steam.

Don’t take the foot off the gas until the last out! No coasting!

Yeah, I think giving up the comeback after letting up should be a reminder to keep the pedal down. Not just today but any game left moving forward.

I agree, I think we are in better shape, but I was also referring to it won't be a traditional 'get starter to 90 to chase him' because both sides will use everyone even if it's just to get one inning or even a lefty right match up one batter

Definitely, but we gotta make em burn the fresh arms early with hitting I think. Get to these arms we’ve seen and that have been used already.

Other than Snead & Beam they’ve really not hit our other guys very well.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back