The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Knoxville Super Regional Game 3 Thread (Sun. June 9th 7:06PM EST) (ESPNU)

That uniform combination (ugh!) reminds me of that old Jerry Clower story, about the duck hunter he met who didn't use a gun.

Seems (don't know why old timers always start a tale that way, but...) seems Jerry got invited to go duck hunting in south Mississippi with a guy on some delta land. When they headed out, he noticed the guy didn't have a gun.

"You fergettin' sumpin?"

"A gun? Naw, don't use 'em. I just use my face," and the guy made this awful, ugly scowl. "Just wait. I'll show you."

They get to the duck blind, set out some decoys, and start their calls. Soon, a flock swirls into sight and starts to land. The guy jumps up, leans forward and makes that ugly face.

Two mallards fell out of the sky, stone cold dead.

Jerry was amazed and watched him do it again, this time with some canvasbacks. "I ain't never heard of anyone able to do that! Have you ever met anyone else who can knock ducks out of the sky with just an ugly look?"

"Well... my wife can, but I won't let her. She tears 'em up too bad."
-------------------------

Okay guys, you've got the uniform look you want. Now go out there and don't tear 'em up too bad!

Last edited:
Something to think about.

Tonight has a pretty good chance of being the last game at "Lindsey Nelson Stadium"

Let's make Lindsey proud!

LindseyNeyland.jpg

That uniform combination (ugh!) reminds me of that old Jerry Clower story, about the duck hunter he met who didn't use a gun.

Seems (don't know why old timers always start a tale that way, but...) seems Jerry got invited to go duck hunting in south Mississippi with a guy on some delta land. When they headed out, he noticed the guy didn't have a gun.

"You fergettin' sumpin?"

"A gun? Naw, don't use 'em. I just use my face," and the guy made this awful, ugly scowl. "Just wait. I'll show you."

They get to the duck blind, set out some decoys, and start their calls. Soon, a flock swirls into sight and starts to land. The guy jumps up, leans forward and makes that ugly face.

Two mallards fell out of the sky, stone cold dead.

Jerry was amazed and watched him do it again, this time with some canvasbacks. "I've never heard of anyone able to do that! Have you ever met anyone else who can knock ducks out of the sky with just an ugly look?"

"Well... my wife can, but I won't let her. She tears 'em up too bad."
-------------------------

Okay guys, you've got the uniform look you want. Now go out there and don't tear 'em up too bad!

Well played, well timed! GBO!

I

I agree but if we don’t play hard all nine this could be the last for mine. I know it will come, but just hoped it was in Omaha. But either way, it has been one unbelievably fantastic journey.
I hope Your family has a wonderful weekend of memories for Kirby’s last appearances at LNS as a player. Enjoy it all.

VN Store

Back