The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Knoxville Super Regional Game 3 Thread (Sun. June 9th 7:06PM EST) (ESPNU)

Interesting. None of the games played up until now matter if we don’t get a trophy? I’ve kinda had a fun baseball season. We got some guys that will play their last game in LNS tonight, win or lose. Been fun to watch the journey. They ain’t gotta prove nothin’ to me. I ain’t really in the habit of going and looking at a trophy case, even if I could I wouldn’t.

GBO!!!
I don’t understand why those who think it’s all about a title don’t simply tune in for the final game of the year.

I think some of us have learned over the years that being a college sports fan, much like life, is about the journey. I’ve had a blast this season following our team. We won a regular season SEC title and I witnessed us follow that with a tournament title in Hoover. It’s been a memorable ride regardless of what happens the rest of the way. GBO.

My Texas buddy is 100% convinced they get Vitello from us. What an arrogant delusional fan base
What’s comical is to read their comments on SecRant how they’re hating on him for choking in the postseason and rooting against us then turn around a brag about they’re going to steal him from us. If he’s a choker then why do you want him? If you want him, then you obviously don’t think he’s a choker and will take his success. What I don’t get is they’re prepared to fire a guy who’s been to Omaha 3x in 6-7 years and want to hire a guy who’s hopefully been to Omaha 3x in 7 seasons and had less success once he gets there than the guy they’re hoping to fire.

Texas...short-horn dreamers! I really thought they'd get O'Sullivan from Florida a while back. Didn't happen. CTV ain't leaving KNOCKSVILLE, y'all. Wear your brown unis & get ready for SEC pastings.
torn whether i will remain glued ;to this thread
for quite a while I stayed away from game thread after first pitch and focused on game

not much fun to see all the typos and foot-in-mouth remarks that com ws from this laptop flunkie

Reactions: HeadVol77
At least our RPI in 2019 was 14th. Florida was fringe top 30. Big difference there. And I would have been perfectly fine had they left us out in 2019. I’m a firm believer that the bare minimum expectation for the NCAAT is finishing .500 in conference games. And Florida actually went 13-18 if you include the SECT. 5 games under .500 in conference should never be allowed in. If Florida goes and wins the whole thing they won’t even be a 40-win team. That’s embarrassing. We are just rewarding mediocrity now.
That was final RPI after playing 4 NCAAT games and our opponents continuing to play further boosting it; similar to what UF’s looks like today. I guarantee we weren’t 14 going into the NCAAT.

You’ve changed your tune now, you said we wouldn’t have gotten in, when I gave a fairly close comp you say well we shouldn’t have gotten and I’d been fine with that. That’s not the point. The point is any SEC team with an RPI of upper 20’s, the #1 SOS, the magic number of 13 SEC wins and a history of success (I.e. us the last 4-5 years) is getting in with that resume. So I firmly believe if our resume was the exact same as UF’s and the only difference is the name on the jersey, the result is the same.

VN Store

Back