The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Super Regional Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 7 3PM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be so awesome to witness this team win a National championship in person. This drive isn’t terrible right? Should I convince my husband? I’ll need to bring a strong argument to the table and be convincing to persuade him lol. If anyone here has been, I’m all ears to advice.

It would be so awesome to witness this team win a National championship in person. This drive isn’t terrible right? Should I convince my husband? I’ll need to bring a strong argument to the table and be convincing to persuade him lol. If anyone here has been, I’m all ears to advice.
Replying to my own post because I forgot to say that the drive would be 9.5hrs.

I got nothing, but if you figure something out, let me know and I'll try it with the wife, even though it's guaranteed failure the first time she hears the word Omaha.

I can’t give you any advice on what works. I can however, say, with ahem…some certainty, that, “honey, I hear Omaha Nebraska is great this time of year!”

Is not…Not! The best card to play!

Is your husband into Jello shots?

Replying to my own post because I forgot to say that the drive would be 9.5hrs.
My argument would be along the lines of: How many times have we gone to Hoover? How many more opportunities do you think we'll have to go and be healthy enough to go?

THEN I'd balance that against other sporting events you'd like to see in the next 5-10 years. For example, Vols football is on the rise and there will be more post season opportunities and even if those are home games, they're expensive to go to. So think of all the sports related things you'd like to see some day that are on your bucket list.

I like golf and have been to a few Masters, but you might hate golf and only want to travel for Vols football, baseball, baseketball, but what about the Braves? What I'm saying is that you should look at your bucket list when it comes to sports and decide how badly you want to go.

On the plus side, I think, barring injury, Tennessee is the favorite to win it all and I'm sure you'd agree that if you travel you want a high probability of winning the championship if you went through the pain and expense of traveling so far.

As an aside, you debating this brings to mind why I don't like the CWS being played in Omaha. To me it makes way more sense for the CWS to be played closer to the east coast, like Saint Louis. I think it's ridiculously far for most fan bases to travel to a city they'd otherwise never, ever have the desire or reason to travel TO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back