The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up around the 6th inning but one thing that was always clear was none of the mistakes where something to blame Tony about. Win or lose, that game wasn’t going to be an indictment of his coaching.
Not arguing at all and wasn’t trying to say people were indicting Tony as a coach but players are a direct link to the coach. This team and PROGRAM has fight. They have shown that the past 4 seasons. The Gilbert walk off. The Zane homer at Clemson and now the 2024 comeback in Omaha for the ages. Teams resemble their coach’s personality and this program has proven to defy the odds almost on an annual basis. I would trust Tony with my life at this point. It’s almost to the point that we should trust Tony to do an open heart surgery over a 30 year veteran surgeon 🤣

Well....ladies and gents....I stayed out of the thread because I cannot stand the sickening negativity all the time. I was at work most of the night keeping up with the game. Got home just in time to watch the bottom of the 9th. No words for what I watched...speechless..amazing.

I got in and went straight to the last page of posts... read 3 or 4, and understood we'd lost.

But then someone posted something that indicated the game wasn't over. Still didn't know the score, but got Wilkerson on in time to listen to the bottom half of the 9th.

What a great half-inning to hear!!!!

Wilkerson sounded like they are going to stay with it for TV's postgame.
Fixin' my own post. What I left out was that I looked at who the posters were, and realized they weren't the regulars who don't give up, and that's when I looked further to see that the game might not be over.

Reactions: CDB
I'm on back porch with fans rolling listening to my amazing play list of Classic Rock
I’m still processing the game…I’m really delusional at this point I think…like it happened but did I dream it….because I have dreamed about the Vols and winning and even I don’t dream that good!

When I first saw it, I thought he went around. But when I saw the replay, I’m not so sure and I understand why the ump said he didn’t. It was very close. But they still had a chance to get Burke out and didn’t. Mama said it beez that way sometimes.
Same. I thought he went around, but we don’t get to make that call. The base umpire made the call. It was very close.

Reactions: vol94
If FSU fans think this game and that no swing call was rigged... just let them join the SEC and see how crimson Bham works football replay...

They are hurting. They had a five run lead at one point and blew it. Welcome to my world suckers.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back