The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in the catbird seat. None of the teams in our bracket have the depth we have. That game was their chance and they blew it. The ACC teams just collectively pissed their pants…
We are perfectly set up for 3 games to begin with…now you have an off day between games 2 and 3…Kirby can pitch every game with on off day between….Stamos surely can pitch again…we are A-OK at the moment

Same. I thought he went around, but we don’t get to make that call. The base umpire made the call. It was very close.
Absolutely a 50/50 baseball call. Glad one went our way, but if it hadn’t, after that replay I could have seen it either way.

FSU needs to stop crying and worry about all the other pieces of their meltdown than that one call. But I can see this being their “Steve Bartman” whine or Bill Buckner sob story, forgetting everything else that came after it.

Reactions: theroyz71
All I know is Virginia just had a sigh of relief. They did not want any part of us. We would have blitzed them. At least they get to face a familiar foe. I really don’t see how FSU comes back from that loss. That was one of the most devastating losses I have ever seen on a national stage. You are leading 11-8 heading into the 9th and you get walked off in Omaha. That is deflating as all get out. And I know UNC did not want to face us either!

Watching SEC Now Does anyone know what CTV started to say right before they cut him off?
Just that he felt a calm about who they were facing on the mound because of the group of guys he was going into battle with. He said they had a coaches meeting and then he had a quote from Ace Ventura. Good interview.

All I know is Virginia just had a sigh of relief. They did not want any part of us. We would have blitzed them. At least they get to face a familiar foe. I really don’t see how FSU comes back from that loss. That was one of the most devastating losses I have ever seen on a national stage. You are leading 11-8 heading into the 9th and you get walked off in Omaha. That is deflating as all get out. And I know UNC did not want to face us either!

UNC is legit.

Oh man FSU and ACC twitter is in shambles. Look, it was a really close check swing call. He probably went.

Do I care? Nope. Basically every single team in the history of the sport has had a bit of luck help them win a game. You can’t win a championship without a little bit of luck in a season as long as this. Just ask Oregon State fans in 2014.
That was way too close to call a strikeout and end a CWS game on - Let the players decide the game, not an umpire's call on a swing that was 1 inch either way.
Similar to a basketball official calling nit-picky fouls that decide the outcome of an NCAA tournament game.

I gave up around the 6th inning but one thing that was always clear was none of the mistakes where something to blame Tony about. Win or lose, that game wasn’t going to be an indictment of his coaching.
Exactly. I don’t think any sane person would have blamed Tony had we lost. And the majority of the fans thought the game was over, even in the 9th. And that doesn’t mean they are Nega Vols or bad fans.

I took a break from the board though after Florida St scored a TD that one inning. We fought back but they scored a couple more runs so I was concerned.

I was hopeful we would comeback but would be lying if I said I thought we would, even with C Mo and Burke @ the plate with two outs and two strikes.

Go Vols!!!! On to Sunday night!

ACC Tourney 2.0 in the losers bracket. Make it happen.

Exactly. I don’t think any sane person would have blamed Tony had we lost. And the majority of the fans thought the game was over, even in the 9th. And that doesn’t mean they are Nega Vols or bad fans.

I took a break from the board though after Florida St scored a TD that one inning. We fought back but they scored a couple more runs so I was concerned.

I was hopeful we would comeback but would be lying if I said I thought we would, even with C Mo and Burke @ the plate with two outs and two strikes.

Go Vols!!!! On to Sunday night!
What a great measured post. Thank you.

Christian Moore has had the single greatest season in BaseVols history. There, I said it. I love you Chris Burke and Todd Helton but this kid just had the second cycle in history (last one was 1956? 68 years!?!?!) and put Burke in position to tie the game. All of his hits were clutch and he LED his team to victory. You could not script a better performance for a player in Omaha on the biggest stage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back