The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christian Moore has had the single greatest season in BaseVols history. There, I said it. I love you Chris Burke and Todd Helton but this kid just had the second cycle in history (last one was 1956? 68 years!?!?!) and put Burke in post to tie the game. All of his hits were clutch and he LED his team to victory. You could not script a better performance for a player in Omaha on the biggest stage.
Hitting wise possibly so….nothing can compare to what Helton did hitting and pitching together and Burke was as good as you can get with the glove along with his bat. I would rank it 3rd overall..first offensively though!

All I know is Virginia just had a sigh of relief. They did not want any part of us. We would have blitzed them. At least they get to face a familiar foe. I really don’t see how FSU comes back from that loss. That was one of the most devastating losses I have ever seen on a national stage. You are leading 11-8 heading into the 9th and you get walked off in Omaha. That is deflating as all get out. And I know UNC did not want to face us either!

Not only that, but you get 1 strike away from closing it out and then give up 4 runs.

Hitting wise possibly so….nothing can compare to what Helton did hitting and pitching together and Burke was as good as you can get with the glove along with his bat. I would rank it 3rd overall..first offensively though!
Whenever that kid adds another 7 dongs to get to 40 and is holding a championship trophy you will change your mind…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back