The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing a better view of the plate than that. You can't really distinguish where he is in the box nor the true location of the plate.
Exactly…taking a pic from the dugout area has nothing to do with a damn thing….homeplate ump and third base ump dont have that viewpoint nor should it even come into play…

Reactions: TechnoVol
As Tennessee Fans, we should celebrate actually getting a controversial call out way. We have suffered through the Florida Gaffney „touchdown“, the North Carolina extra play after time expired against Dooley, the theft of the 2021 Music City Bowl against Purdue.
We were owed one of these.
Without all that talk about a half swing or not it is not whether or not it was not. If this had happened in the 5th inning we would not be talking about it today.

The biggest accomplishment is 4 hits with 2 outs and the team deserves that credit as it was the game difference. Other contributors and this was a team win.
So this disputed call should not be a point of emphasis because it doesn't make a difference and the team as a whole made this happen. Uphill climb.

Fat lady sung but not as it appeared.

Last edited:
I don’t always agree with the boys at D1, but UNC is built like an SEC team. That I agree with.
I’m not discounting they’re good and it may be a terrible metric to use, but when you’ve only PLAYED as many total Q1 games as we’ve WON and you split those 50/50 I’m not a firm believer in their long term viability. They lost the 3 toughest series they played in ECU, NCSU and UVA as well as a mid-week to SCar. Their best quality series win was maybe WF. If you made it this far you’re more than capable of winning it all. But I would rather face them than UVA or FSU again.

Regarding the check or no check opinion - folks always remember those type of things, especially if they happen towards the end of the game, but the reality is a game is filled with many of those "what if" moments that could have "if the if had been different" changed the outcome in the game.

But in almost every sport, unless the situation is obvious (i.e. 100% the correct call), down the stretch in those last-minute situations where the game is truly on the line those that make the decisions typically go into the "let the players decide the outcome" mode as they should.

Both teams had opportunities after that call to change the outcome. Our beloved Vols seized the opportunity and won the game. FSU did not.

Without all that talk about a half swing or not it is not whether or not it was not. If this had happened in the 5th inning we would not be talking about it today.

The biggest accomplish is 4 hits with 2 outs and the team deserves that credit as it was the game difference. Other contributors and this was a team win.
So this disputed call should not be a point of emphasis because it doesn't make a difference and the team as a whole made this happen. Uphill climb.

Fat lady sung but not as it appeared.

THIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back