The Official Tennessee @ #8 Alabama Game Thread, 3:30pm ET, CBS

What a great game! We were in it to the very end. Great coaching, players stepping up working hard. I am a proud VFL who loves Coach Jones, Jonathan Dobbs and all of our other players and coaches! Go Vols. Beat KY!

Reactions: 1 person
Wrong team smoking cigars in Tuscaloosa tonight. Vols had a great gameplay & executed it well.

RB D Henry is a beast. That #3 FR wideout was clutch. AL is a talented team.

But so is TN. Heartbreaker.

Feel bad for Medley, he can kick it 60+ yards but he has vectoring issues.

Martin looked promising. If he didn't fall down on that one play, gets the pic and bama doesn't get 3.

We will be a 9-4 team if we can keep from getting anymore injuries.

Next year SEC is ours...aTm, bamer, Fl be dammed!

We will have Top 3 SEC Oline and Dline next year.

Medley may need glasses.

2 of 13 beyond 40 yards and 11 of those were under 49 yards. He doesn't even get close.

How many field goals could you hit. Could you even get it off the ground???? I'm pissed we lost but that was the best Bama vs UT game since Kiffen was here. Medley is a 19 year old kid who just missed 3 FG... There's not a person in the state who feels worse than he does

Medley was a mess for sure... but to win this game, the secondary needed to make one play during Bamas last drive... they did not.

I agree...but what a broken record this season. In their defense, it'such different stopping a team on the final drive when they're looking for big plays and can just take whatever the defense gives. Happens all around football including pros.

I served 15 yrs in the Navy, I get 36 months of the GI bill. Not even a 4 yr degree. Medley gets everything paid. If I kick 3 missed field goals, can I get 75% scholarship? I'll make a deal with UT.

How many field goals could you hit. Could you even get it off the ground???? I'm pissed we lost but that was the best Bama vs UT game since Kiffen was here. Medley is a 19 year old kid who just missed 3 FG... There's not a person in the state who feels worse than he does

He's not a kicker.

Wow. I typically try to stay away from interacting with this type of statement so close to a loss, but I'm about to break my own rule. All on medley? 3 50+ yard attempts all on medley? Have you heard in 85% of football games when the announcers, paid to discuss the obvious, talk about "4 down territory? That's where medley was kicking from the entire game.

Hang on -- the Coaches called the play, so they obviously expected him to hit the kicks. Other plays could have been called, on any of those 3 opps.

College kickers aren't expected to hit 50 yarders. There were some play calling issues and bad decision making by Dobbs on a couple of the third downs before those field goals.
Really not expected to make 50 yard FG?
They make em game after game every week!
Good ones expected to make 2/3 average ones1/3. Lousy ones 0/3!
Only CBJ call I question today is why even try that third FG. 0% chance to make it. 4 and 10 10% chance we make it.

This was not a moral victory, but it was a good loss. I'm proud of this team and they need to carry their head high back to Knoxville.

Some of their fans need to get a grip so they can carry themselves with as much dignity.

(PS: Would you rather be Mizzu right now? From SECE champs to losing to Vandy.)

Reactions: 2 people
Hey, nobody expected us to win. That's why I spared myself the grief and just checked in on the score. I have to admit I was shocked when it was 14-13 but new that would change and it did. It's been so predictable for the last 10 years. Something like 0-25 aganst top ten teams. I'm so happy I was old enough to enjoy the Fulmer years. Someday I hope this all turns around but that's not in sight.

Medley feels worse about this probably than anyone. I pray that he'll get better next week and do better and better. Go Vols.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back