The Official Tennessee @ South Carolina Weekend Series Thread (Fri. 7PM EST SEC NET+) (Sat. 2PM EST & 1 Hour after first game completion SEC NETWORK)

Carolina isn’t exactly known for having top-notch ground crews.
Remember the playing surface in W-B last fall, with the sand and roots.
One year when I was a kid, they tried to spray their football field with this green dye to make it look good for homecoming. It started raining and players on both teams, as well as the homecoming court, were all green because it splashed on their clothes.
As I recall, it was an improvement of sorts for the homecoming court 😂
Lol it's a tactical plan by S.C.

Posted 31 min ago by SC:

The Gamecocks and Vols will play one game Friday at 7 p.m. EDT. A doubleheader will be played on Saturday beginning at 2 p.m. EDT, while the series finale is slated for approximately one hour after the completion of game No. 2.

Both games will be seven-inning contests on Saturday.

The series finale is slated for approximately one hour after the completion of game No. 2.

Posted 31 min ago by SC:

The Gamecocks and Vols will play one game Friday at 7 p.m. EDT. A doubleheader will be played on Saturday beginning at 2 p.m. EDT, while the series finale is slated for approximately one hour after the completion of game No. 2.

Both games will be seven-inning contests on Saturday.
Why two 7s? Why not start at noon and play two 9’s? The original plan was two 9s today? What could it be other than SCs pitching staff all being injured?

Why two 7s? Why not start at noon and play two 9’s? The original plan was two 9s today? What could it be other than SCs pitching staff all being injured?

Regardless of SC injuries, we have better middle relief pitching than they do, so the more they delay these games or play shortened games, our advantage only grows over time. IMO, bad weather benefits teams with strong, deep, healthy pitching because their options aren't limited. Watch for LSU to fail in the post season because of this.

Hate 7 inning games...

Is their plan to get the water in a central location and then pump it off the field? If not, there is no benefit to gathering all the water to the middle of the outfield. This appears to be a purposeful low effort to make it appear like they want to play at 7PM.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
No way hombre. If we were to sweep Carolina you would still feel that way?

Like the way you're thinking.

Unsure of our exact record, but thinking we are like 2-11ish on road this year. I remember winning one at LSU and one at Georgia. Am I missing any?

Now, you think we might win three in a row against one of the best teams in the SEC?

Interesting. Need to ponder the thought.....

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Is their plan to get the water in a central location and then pump it off the field? If not, there is no benefit to gathering all the water to the middle of the outfield. This appears to be a purposeful low effort to make it appear like they want to even play at 7PM.
Pumping it out when I drove by an hour ago.

Carolina isn’t exactly known for having top-notch ground crews.
Remember the playing surface in W-B last fall, with the sand and roots.
One year when I was a kid, they tried to spray their football field with this green dye to make it look good for homecoming. It started raining and players on both teams, as well as the homecoming court, were all green because it splashed on their clothes.
As I recall, it was an improvement of sorts for the homecoming court 😂

I remember that. The color matched the queen girl's tooth..

VN Store

Back