The Official Tennessee vs. #2 Oregon Game Thread, 3:30pm ET(09/14/13), ABC

I know Worley isn't the most skilled QB but the WRs have to take just as much blame. They are not getting open, at all.

Oregon is not the #2 team in the country, they're actually down around #9 or 10. Just in the SEC they cannot compete with the likes of LSU, Bama, SC, or UGA this year, any of these four teams will run them out of their or any other stadium in the country. What we're seeing today is BJ and team #117 has a long way to go, da Ducks are not special at all, we're still just that bad.

Uhhh....no. Oregon would run up and down the field on SC and UGA. Bama and LSU have the defensive talent and coaching to probably slow them down.

Reactions: 2 people
You. Do. Not. "Pound the rock." against a team with Oregon's team speed. Give them an excuse to put nine speed merchants in the box and they are breaking up running plays before Tennessee can make the handoff.

Idiots.

Yes you do pound the rock against a team like Oregon when that is all you can do. We have nothing else.

Worley is awful, just awful. I realize there is more going on than his poor play and there are breakdowns all over the field on offense and defense, but for some reason I am just putting most of the blame on Worley. He is awful.

This. His decision making is way to slow, and there have been opportunities to run from a broken play, but instead he just flails, runs out of bounds, or throws a dead "duck". Why not run for 5-7 yards instead? This game is over his head.

I don't think anyone realizes how good Oregon is. They will go unbeaten this year and play in the big game. There are maybe one or two sec teams that could hang with them and I don't think any can beat them and yes that includes bama.

I am not ready to anoint Oregon as National Champions based on a beat down of us. We aren't that good, beating us this bad proves little.
They still have Stanford/UCLA to get past and Stanford has proven a big stumbling block for them.

They have been doing that all game. It was bound to happen at some point. I'm surprised there hasn't been any more "block in the back calls" either because I've seen about four that haven't been called.

Glad I wasnt the only one noticing that. I dont remember ever seeing a team push players in the back so much and get away with it?

If they arent going to call it we should start doing it.

Oregon is not the #2 team in the country, they're actually down around #9 or 10. Just in the SEC they cannot compete with the likes of LSU, Bama, SC, or UGA this year, any of these four teams will run them out of their or any other stadium in the country. What we're seeing today is BJ and team #117 has a long way to go, da Ducks are not special at all, we're still just that bad.
Why do our pathetic fans do this crap? Who gives a F what they would do against Alabama or LSU? Does it make you somehow feel better to think they would lose to other SEC teams.?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 3 people
You. Do. Not. "Pound the rock" against a team with Oregon's team speed. Give them an excuse to put nine speed merchants in the box and they are breaking up running plays before Tennessee can make the handoff.

Idiots.

What do you think bama would do to Oregon? Answer: pound it. They wouldn't be running a read option and running the backs across the formation. That is how plays get broken up early, not by running straight ahead behind a big line. We are not taking advantage of our line.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back