The Official Tennessee vs LSU College World Series Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 17 7PM EST) ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team like every team has some deficiencies. However I don't believe any team in the CWS has a better pitching staff. UT doesn't have to be great on offense, just good enough. 4+ runs per game.
I've over the moon that Tony V has put this program on the map..How great is it to be in the hunt for a championship every year.
👍

Yeah, I thought CTV clearly showed his faith in Scott and Stark by not pinch hitting for them in the bottom of the 9th of game 1, down by 2. I was a little surprised that we didn't see PHs there, but I think I'll go ahead and ride with CTV's decisions on such matters.
Maybe trying to build more confidence. We need there bats to pick up a little both are streaky and have come through at times. Stark has been really good behind the plate lately as Scott has been in right field.

Am I wrong for just being happy we made it to Omaha? Anything above and beyond is lagniappe. It’s been an incredible season. Win when it matters and advance. We’ve done that.
No. Before the Vandy game, people were wondering if we'd even make a regional-- so it's a party right now for me. Great coaching-- so glad we have Tony V.

I thought we could have swept LSU . We played horrible defense. Had like multiple errors in the games down there. I am definitely not scared of them GEUX Vols
LSU is loaded with talent, it’s going to be a huge 1st game but our guys won’t back down.
This past weekend, I noticed some fire in Burns, Dollander and Denton, this team may be gaining confidence and trust in each other at the right time.

LSU is loaded with talent, it’s going to be a huge 1st game but our guys won’t back down.
This past weekend, I noticed some fire in Burns, Dollander and Denton, this team may be gaining confidence and trust in each other at the right time.[/QUOTE
It’s baseball so who really knows how it will shake out. LSU has talent but so do we . Especially in our pitching staff

This will be a chess game for all the teams in terms of which pitcher to use when. Use the "ace" in the first game and lose - now you are in the elimination game against another good team. If you win, you are in the winner's game against another good team. I think those decisions will make or break any and all of the teams.
You use your best available for every game. Period. If you try to "save" somebody for the next game, then you're done before you start. If it comes down to resting your staff that is a different story. If your staff is rested, as ours and everyone's will be, you go with your best every game. No brainer, IMO.

brywlncpcw5b1.jpg

I don’t know about Wake and Stanford, but when you look at SEC-only numbers from LSU and Tennessee, those numbers drop a fair amount. LSU is scoring 0.2 more runs per game than us. When you look at ERA only, we lead LSU by 0.5 runs per game.

Looking back at the Skenes-pitched LSU-Vol game, we lost 5-2. However, we allowed 3 unearned runs that game. We were in it if not for poor defense. We’ve got a real chance Saturday. If we can just focus on getting the bat on the ball and make contact, we might just win.

SIAP, but who are we starting on Saturday? I assume Lindsey, but you could also make a case for Chase. If we can just win the first game, I think I like our chances in the CWS (obviously easier said than done with facing Skeens in game 1). The top-end pitching depth is our advantage (having Burns, Halvorsen, Russell as relivers).

You use your best available for every game. Period. If you try to "save" somebody for the next game, then you're done before you start. If it comes down to resting your staff that is a different story. If your staff is rested, as ours and everyone's will be, you go with your best every game. No brainer, IMO.
Baseball is a game where a bad team can beat the best team on any given day. Play to win every game, it's a no brainier . Sure they could shut is out so is the possibility of us doing the same. I will say not very likely either team gets shut out. We just need 1 more run than they get. GBO 💥

Vol tinge starting to show in Omaha. Big banners not up yet. The invisible stake through the LSU logo is a sign I think. Like the priest in “The Omen.” Tigers are doomed.

Attachments

• AE3F736E-C886-443B-8C78-784C83EF0F82.jpeg
    AE3F736E-C886-443B-8C78-784C83EF0F82.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 43
  • B56973B5-A5ED-4A2A-8336-3E6457EFFF49.jpeg
    B56973B5-A5ED-4A2A-8336-3E6457EFFF49.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 3DBEBC3C-9D1A-4349-AB9F-8CA4F4FB7935.jpeg
    3DBEBC3C-9D1A-4349-AB9F-8CA4F4FB7935.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 41
Status
Not open for further replies.