The Official Tennessee vs LSU College World Series Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 17 7PM EST) ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Airline Tickets are going from $567 to $700 for a one stop flight to Omaha.

If you want to make a 13.5 to 14 hour drive, be prepared to spend $137 at the gas pump.

This information was in today's edition of the Knoxville News Sentinel.
Airline Tickets are going from $567 to $700 for a one stop flight to Omaha.

If you want to make a 13.5 to 14 hour drive, be prepared to spend $137 at the gas pump.

This information was in today's edition of the Knoxville News Sentinel.
Reason 435 why I wish the US has decent passenger rail. FWIW, you CAN get to Omaha on Amtrak….easy peasy 😳
1) drive to Atlanta
2) take the Crescent to New Orleans (approx 10 to 12 hours). Stay overnight
3) take the City of New Orleans to Chicago (19.5 hours)
4) another overnight stay
5) take the California Zephyr to Omaha (9.5 hours)
After the game….do it all in reverse 😂

I’ve flown into Arlington a few times in February. Those arctic clippers are brutal. Snow so deep on one side of a house you wouldn’t know it was there til you walked around to the other side. Good thing Globe Life is a dome.
Looks like a large outdoor grill from a distance.... ;)

I received to Knocksville T-Shirts last year for Father's Day....love them and wear them regularly during baseball season. Love wearing that T-shirt on my trips to Acworth Ga.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Reason 435 why I wish the US has decent passenger rail. FWIW, you CAN get to Omaha on Amtrak….easy peasy 😳
1) drive to Atlanta
2) take the Crescent to New Orleans (approx 10 to 12 hours). Stay overnight
3) take the City of New Orleans to Chicago (19.5 hours)
4) another overnight stay
5) take the California Zephyr to Omaha (9.5 hours)
After the game….do it all in reverse 😂
Umm... Yeah, I guess? Easy Peasy.

@greasemachine I seem to recall that you previously had a sign at supers saying that all you wanted for you birthday was for the team to head to Omaha. If my memory is correct on that, since it’s that time of year, then happy birthday! And I hope you’re enjoying that bday present this year!!!
Yes, thank you, it was Sunday. I had sign supplies, but kept quiet and no sign. I did not want to jinx it with a sign 🤣 you are welcome!

The 479 foot bomb Burke hit on a curveball says you're wrong.

He’s not saying we haven’t hit an off speed pitch all year. But it’s also fair to say we’ve struggled far more with off speed pitchers all year than fastball pitchers. Look at Game 1 of the Super vs. Game 2. We couldn’t touch a very average off speed guy, then chased an All American who was more of fastball pitcher.

Similarly, we are much better against righties than lefties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back