The Official Tennessee vs LSU College World Series Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 17 7PM EST) ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I go ahead and comment that this team is overmatched, not ready to play, never showed up, overwhelmed, the stage is too big for them, we can’t play in a big park, pitching has been overrated all year, we need a catcher who can hit, our SS should’ve stayed elsewhere, Franks getting to old, CTV needs to recruit stronger faster players, Burke looks stiff and can’t swing, we strikeout too much against first round draft picks, our defense is horrible, we are throwing meatballs, pathetic, it’s over (1st inning), why can’t we strike every batter out?, why don’t we score 50 runs a game, we swing and miss too much, can’t hold a runner on, why is our right fielder even on the team, put in Tears, we suck, C- coaching at best……

We are definitely the underdog the rest of the way through. SEC channel mouthpieces spewing about LSU and Florida all day long and throwing us a bone once in awhile. Plenty of motivation for our players. Hoping we can make it to the finals. That would be one heck of an accomplishment. Just getting to Omaha is a HUGE accomplishment. Love this team, coach, staff, and everyone who had a hand in getting us to the MCWS. Go Vols!
This season is a huge success, especially when you factor in the key, veteran pieces that we lost from last years squad.
Everything from here on is just icing on the cake.

I keep thinking that Skenes has to have an off day, it’s inevitable…..but so far is “off day” hasn’t happened
On any given day as the saying goes. Everyone will expect LSU to win with Skenes on the mound. They took the series against us earlier so they should handle us again or that's what will be expected. All the pressure will be on LSU in this one. We can go into this game loose as all get out or at least we should. Just go out and play. Have some fun in the moment and see how it turns out. I like the way this sets up for us.

Can I go ahead and comment that this team is overmatched, not ready to play, never showed up, overwhelmed, the stage is too big for them, we can’t play in a big park, pitching has been overrated all year, we need a catcher who can hit, our SS should’ve stayed elsewhere, Franks getting to old, CTV needs to recruit stronger faster players, Burke looks stiff and can’t swing, we strikeout too much against first round draft picks, our defense is horrible, we are throwing meatballs, pathetic, it’s over (1st inning), why can’t we strike every batter out?, why don’t we score 50 runs a game, we swing and miss too much, can’t hold a runner on, why is our right fielder even on the team, put in Tears, we suck, C- coaching at best……
You forgot mentally weak and can't win on the road.

Who is our best, though? Lindsey wasn't good in the rain game, but he usually is a win. Then we have Drew and Dolly who were both exceptional and of course, the bullpen. I say whoever is ready is good enough. Lady VOLS tried using their lesser pitcher against Oklahoma and it fell flat. I don't think you could beat them no matter who you threw there, though.

Agreed for us. Although, I do think the Lady Vols’ strategy was a little more nuanced than that. Oklahoma showed statistically-notable worse performance (comparatively, of course, as it was still amazing) against pitchers throwing 71+ mph. So we threw our fastest pitcher to match that “weakness”. Just turned out Oklahoma was still an amazing team lol.

Forgot Tony needs fired and catcher couldn't catch a cold or throw out the trash and blah blah blah

How many schools had their football team make a new years six bowl, their men's and women's basketball ball teams make the sweet 16, and their softball and baseball teams make it to Omaha? Asking for a friend.

How about we win the Big Taco...in something. It's past time....

Reactions: Vols Forever
Am I wrong for just being happy we made it to Omaha? Anything above and beyond is lagniappe. It’s been an incredible season. Win when it matters and advance. We’ve done that.
Yeah until Saturday rolls around and you’re breaking furniture at the first minor mishap. Speaking from personal experience.

How many schools had their football team make a new years six bowl, their men's and women's basketball ball teams make the sweet 16, and their softball and baseball teams make it to Omaha? Asking for a friend.
Well if Softball made
It to Omaha, they are lost. Being the world
Series is in Oklahoma City. Lol

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I'd probably put our 3rd of 4th best starter up against skenes and then use our best pitchers against their 2nd and 3rd best and wear out their bull pen along the way. ie what's the use of having such good pitching if we don't leverage it to the max and have untapped talent that isn't even used in Omaha?
Karen Weakley did that in OKC and got reemed
For it.

So good to see us winning away from home. Pitching has been incredible and I like the new batting order. That said, we are definitely on the harder side of the bracket. This is going to be a chess match.
Im Not feeling Hunter Ensley or Cal Stark. They have struggled mightily in the supers. Hope that changes and Burke gets hot and C.Mo from the regionals Shows up

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back