The Official Tennessee vs LSU College World Series Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 17 7PM EST) ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ensley has saved us some runs defensively over the Regions and Supers. Cal Stark is the only option right now unless he gets hurt. UT is better defensively with Cal and Ensley on the field than not. Dickey bat is too important to put him at catcher and he burns his legs out. I say we run the same exact lineup out that held USM to 0 runs over the final 15 innings between Game 2 and 3.
Stark isn’t the only option. We have Taylor, but offensively Dickey is better. Tears or Dreiling would be just as good defensively and just as productive if not more offensively. The reason I stated what I did is because of the lack of offensive help from those two. (Again, I hope they show out the rest of the post season) last 2 games- Ensley 1-6, Stark 1-6 with 8 lob.

Last edited:
Dickey doesn’t hit a lick when catching and the stats prove that, potential injuries loom large too. I’m guessing Ensey’s a much better defender than Drieling at this juncture. Pick your poison, more bat or more defense. I can agree with you on CF, however Iv’e gotta keep Stark behind the plate.
I agree on the pick your poison. No doubt. Stark has been dealing on runners stealing here lately. His bat not so much. I’m not knocking any of the kids by no means. Just stating offensively, these guys haven’t showed up much and will
That hurt in Omaha?

Stark isn’t the only option. We have Taylor, but offensively Dickey is better. Tears or Dreiling is would be just as good defensively and just as productive if not more offensively. The reason I stated what I did is because of the lack of offensive help from those two. (Again, I hope they show out the rest of the post season) last 2 games- Ensley 1-6, Stark 1-6 with 8 lob.
Cal needed for defense Taylor a good backup but neither give you much offensively

Stark isn’t the only option. We have Taylor, but offensively Dickey is better. Tears or Dreiling would be just as good defensively and just as productive if not more offensively. The reason I stated what I did is because of the lack of offensive help from those two. (Again, I hope they show out the rest of the post season) last 2 games- Ensley 1-6, Stark 1-6 with 8 lob.
In the last seven games, all post season, Tears and Dreiling are a combined 0-3 in pinch hit appearances, two left on base.

Except for a few Vols, it seems like most hit in streaks. Pitchers hot and cold too but, pitching streaks could be facing good or not hitting. Defense is going to be huge in this big baseball field. I’ve we can get out in front, we tend to win. We just have to suit up, show up, shut up, get focused, and play the best we can. I’m looking forward to an underdog NATTY! Smokey Dogs are us!

Our offense is due for a big game. We gonna go medieval on those Tigers
View attachment 556900
atta boy, here's the ole pepper say

loved this episode as a kid lol. gashouse gorillas

Sidenote: I just realized I'm at the point where I'd have an obnoxious amount of spinning stars representing my years on VN if we still had the old format smh. bring back the stars @Freak

Last edited:
Vol tinge starting to show in Omaha. Big banners not up yet. The invisible stake through the LSU logo is a sign I think. Like the priest in “The Omen.” Tigers are doomed.

I think your first pic contains a hidden clue indicating which head coach will be winning a championship this year

C1A5A134-228F-458E-8E95-6D6DBECE78E9.jpeg

I think this is the best approach. You know he wants to get ahead, don't let him.
Also I know it's easier said than done but you have to battle him no quick strikeouts, drive the pitch count up.
It’s a two-edged sword. Jump on him early and get him out of rhythm and fluster him, or jump on him early and let him out of innings only throwing 10-15 pitches

Reactions: OrangeTsar
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back