The Official Tennessee vs LSU College World Series Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 17 7PM EST) ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe how many losers we have here that congregate in the game thread. Can’t imagine what life for some of these people looks like. First sign of some tough sledding and they bitch, moan, and quit.
Been like that all season. It wasn’t enough to get proven wrong in the Regional and Supers. Down to the last out against Clemson and get a three-run bomb. We lost the first game in Hattiesburg and came back to win. I’m not saying we will come back and win the whole thing but I have complete confidence that we will make it to Wednesday and have an opportunity to force an IF NECESSARY game on Thursday.

Think it would likely be Halvy. I would think Burns gets some run Monday and/or Tuesday.

Then probably back to Lindsay for Thursday and Dollander/Beam in games 1-2 of the final.

But have to win 4 in a row now, so they’ll take it one game at a time and do what they have to do to win each day.
I feel like starting Seth means there is a decent chance of a platoon game depending on which Seth we get. He didn't completely have it tonight. He also didn't pitch that much. I think Cam is an option too. People will suggest Zander but in don't see that happening.

Well now we find out how good of a coach he is by the wins or losses that come next. Can you coach and get wins when you don't have the best player(s)?
Yeah that’s what I’m getting at. They have a terrific line-up and 1 unbelievable pitcher in Skenes. I’ve seen them compared to last years Vols team but I just don’t see the comparison really. The ‘22 Vols pretty much swept everyone, won the regular and SEC tournament titles. LSU is very good but they aren’t on that level imo. Tony built and coached up his team vs this bought LSU team. I’ll be shocked if LSU is the last team standing in this bracket.

Well we're gonna find out about bullpen depth and I'd say TN is pretty good there. Not sure a team can win it all with one great pitcher and limited to no depth. Still, your bats have to compliment that...you've got to put balls in play....you have to make good contact and just hope it not right at opposing players. It's baseball...

Reactions: feathersax
Why aren’t we blaming our hitters for not making any adjustments, fouling it off even though they know it’s not a strike but WILL be called a strike, and fighting for another pitch?
Why are you back here trolling? Your every post is an attack, in line with the rest of your short post history.

Well we're gonna find out about bullpen depth and I'd say TN is pretty good there. Not sure a team can win it all with one great pitcher and limited to no depth. Still, your bats have to compliment that...you've got to put balls in play....you have to make good contact and just hope it not right at opposing players. It's baseball...

Bats haven’t been very lively in post season play.

Most runs scored so far is 6 . One game score was 3-2 we faced the No1 projected pitcher in the draft. That also will probably set the college record for strike out for the season. The guys hit 4 or 5 balls right at em off Skenes given a wide strike zone. Sure we we're given a few out of the zone but they probably received 3X as many. GBO 💥

Not a big deal, but I just noticed something weird ... the SEC Network has adjusted Tennessee's SEC record to 16-15 ... they counted tonight's CWS game as a conference loss - which doesn't make any sense.

Back to the main point .... that strike 3 call on Moore was ridiculous. It wasn't close as the dumb a$$ color commentator said.
Yes it was. It was still a ball but it was close.

While it was a tough game last night, I'm proud of how our guys battled until the end. They played hard and made some solid defensive plays. Ensley really saw the ball well last night. Maui also had some great ABs. When Skenes is on, there's not much one can do. The home plate ump was also trash with the wide strike zone for Skenes.

Now on to Monday afternoon and Stanford. While we have to face Matthews, they have to face Dollander. So, we'll see. I'll be surprised if our guys don't play well. They have a lot of fight left in them and can draw on experiences at Clemson and Hattiesburg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back