The Official Tennessee vs LSU College World Series Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 17 7PM EST) ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have bought airline tickets last week. They were expensive then, but are now outrageous.
I woke up in Hattiesburg this morning and got on the Southwest app at 8am....every flight out of Nashville was already sold-out Friday and Saturday, except the Saturday one that gets you there at 11:35pm. I cannot believe flights were gone like that within 7 hours of the game ending.

I have one for you ... The winner of the CWS 2022 ... Ole Miss was on the road at Hattiesburg.
So, is this the second time that Southern Miss has lost to the eventual CWS champion at home in the Supers at their stadium???
Time will tell!

I woke up in Hattiesburg this morning and got on the Southwest app at 8am....every flight out of Nashville was already sold-out Friday and Saturday, except the Saturday one that gets you there at 11:35pm. I cannot believe flights were gone like that within 7 hours of the game ending.
At first I thought you were describing a nightmare...

Reactions: VolPack22
They will throw Skenes as their first pitcher regardless of any other factors. They will also throw him in the middle of the first round, and at the very end if needed.

No way they "waste" two days he could rest by waiting until Monday to throw him.

Much bigger field in Omaha compared to Lindsey Nelson Stadium. Outfield coverage and gap hitting will be a key for us.

Lindsey Nelson Stadium
Left Field:
320 ft
Left-Center Field: 360 ft
Center Field: 390 ft
Right-Center Field: 360 ft
Right Field: 320 ft

Charles Schwab Field
Left Field:
335 ft
Left-Center Field: 375 ft
Center Field: 408 ft
Right-Center Field: 375 ft
Right Field: 335 ft

so, pretty much 15 ft bigger in all fields...... wonder what the carry comparison would show?

We are definitely the underdog the rest of the way through. SEC channel mouthpieces spewing about LSU and Florida all day long and throwing us a bone once in awhile. Plenty of motivation for our players. Hoping we can make it to the finals. That would be one heck of an accomplishment. Just getting to Omaha is a HUGE accomplishment. Love this team, coach, staff, and everyone who had a hand in getting us to the MCWS. Go Vols!

We are definitely the underdog the rest of the way through. SEC channel mouthpieces spewing about LSU and Florida all day long and throwing us a bone once in awhile. Plenty of motivation for our players. Hoping we can make it to the finals. That would be one heck of an accomplishment. Just getting to Omaha is a HUGE accomplishment. Love this team, coach, staff, and everyone who had a hand in getting us to the MCWS. Go Vols!
They’ve had two days to put together pulp on Gators, and a full news cycle to assemble pulp on LSU. They’ll get around to the Vols… 😉

Are the 2-3 players that put their names in the transfer portal off of the team? I assume so. If they are done, I'll bet they're kicking themselves for not waiting until after the season.

I keep thinking that Skenes has to have an off day, it’s inevitable…..but so far is “off day” hasn’t happened
He’s had a couple “off days”. However, his off days are still usually better than many pitchers good days. He’s been fun to watch, and LSU fans are grateful to have him on this team. Pitchers like him don’t come around too often. I wouldn’t trade him for anything, although I’d sure like to have the complete pitching personnel that the Vols have. If Floyd was more consistent, and we had a solid day 3 starter, this team would have been unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back