The Official Tennessee vs S.Miss Super Regional Game 3 Thread 10:06 PM EST ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
lunch time!! And going to score one for the Burg on this one. O’Charleys is one of my favorite restaurants (sentimental reasons). There aren’t any in Texas so I only get the chance to eat there once a year back home. Had a gift card from my brother and sister in law in the car from Christmas! LETS GOOOOOOO. I don’t remember the name of the waitress so I’m going to call her “Peyton!”

C71568FB-9AD4-4874-A63F-63CE4F6850E2.jpeg
I mean look how moist these rolls are !

5DE04EE6-9CC6-48D1-BE09-40764FBF0950.jpeg

NCAA and media are really wanting SM in Omaha
I really hope their rule book of victor scenarios just royally screws them and God sends down lightning the entire night and they are forced to send Scott Barry and his minions home while the BaseVols go on to the MCWS

Just popping back in before I make the hour drive back to the game for some USM fan perspective here.

1. The NCAA and ESPN are terrible. Game should be moved up and to hell with tv viewers. It’s the right thing to do. I do however believe after 7:00 ct tonight the game will/could resume if it does get delayed.

2. Kudos to whatever the kids name y’all pitched yesterday. Sorry, bad with names and don’t feel like looking it up. We jumped on him some early, but the way he settled in and pitched was an amazing performance. Nothing but respect for that young player.

3. The bomb hit to the church was one of if not the farthest ball I’ve ever seen hit there. Me and the crew I sit around all said the same thing

4. As far as the fan throwing stuff and getting kicked out. I didn’t see any of that, but I’m sure it probably happened and have no reason to believe it didn’t. Unfortunately even our fan base has some fans that just plain suck and our POSs. The season ticket holders I sit around and myself all plan on sending a letter to our friends in the Athletic Department and requesting their season tickets be revoked and they be banned forever due to that behavior.

5. Today favors UT for sure. More arms left, etc. Baseball can be funny at times and we are a good team, but going to need a few breaks I feel.

6. No matter who wins, it sucks for anyone who has to face Skenes from LSU in Omaha. Guy is from another planet. But, back to bullet point 5…. Baseball is funny sometime and anyone is beatable.

7. Safe travels to those that made the trip. It’s the road fans that really mean a lot to programs so my respect goes out to those that travel for games.

Of course I hope we win, but if we don’t, then best of luck to UT in Omaha. No one likes LSU, but LSU.
I’ve enjoyed Baseburg. Great local restaurants and 99% of fans have been very hospitable and welcoming. The NCAA on the other hand are absolutely incompetent.

lunch time!! And going to score one for the Burg on this one. O’Charleys is one of my favorite restaurants (sentimental reasons). There aren’t any in Texas so I only get the chance to eat there once a year back home. Had a gift card from my brother and sister in law in the car from Christmas! LETS GOOOOOOO. I don’t remember the name of the waitress so I’m going to call her “Peyton!”

View attachment 556365
I mean look how moist these rolls are !

View attachment 556364
O'Charley's s really good but Hooters is one of my favorites for personal reasons of course always come out with a calender lol had 12 for the same year once it's my weakness

I'm serious, it took forever to change the flag in Mississippi.

How long can they hang on to Forrest, Humphreys, Lee, Jefferson Davis counties? Some of these are larger counties and one is a "semi" college town named after the worst villain on the list.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
To The Top means rising to the top. It was a slogan of our Vol football recruiting effort a couple of years ago. It's not hard to understand.

Last edited:
Honestly it’s something I never thought of and would love to see it. Pete Taylor park has a lot of charm because it’s unique, but certainly outdated in some areas. I have no clue if accurate, but a couple of our former players say many of the older parks don’t have visitors locker rooms. It’s really something I guess that wouldn’t show its problem until a super regional. I do know that the basketball arena was offered is very close and I guess in a pinch would work. Not ideal though. With all that said I highly doubt we are the first team to host a regional and not have a baseball visitor locker room. Even in recent years.

We have hosted regionals and a super before. Really never seen it addressed until this one. Supposedly we have some nice plans for facility upgrades and I would like to see that added if already not.
I can't address other locations either but IMO it should be a requirement.
As you can see a lightening storm is an issue. I'm sure other visitors at the Pete have been in the same unsafe situation.
While the Eagles headed into a " I assume" a top notch locker room with bathroom/ showers, snacks, trainers the visitors option is to gather underneath the bleachers or hot foot it across the street.
It ain't a good look.

I'm serious, it took forever to change the flag in Mississippi.

How long can they hang on to Forrest, Humphreys, Lee, Jefferson Davis counties? Some of these are larger counties and one is a "semi" college town named after the worst villain on the list.
You realize there are cities and counties in TN named after the same group of people, right?

My God why do we have to play in such a bush league place?

I second what others have said. Their fans have been as nice as can be. Have had many great conversations with people in and around the stadium. I didn’t encounter my first NEGA Eagle until after they lost yesterday and someone shouted “tennessee sucks ass” from a moving car as I walked back to the car after the game. I muttered out loud “not today they didn’t” and then a few drunk fans behind me wanted to mocked me with “nOt tOdAy” for the next 5 minutes. They’re always nice until you beat them and even then it wasn’t anything you wouldn’t expect to encounter. The incident with Tony’s dad was unacceptable and not something any fan base should condone or celebrate… AND they didn’t. They kicked him out and rectified the situation once they got all the info. I give them props for doing that. Many places would have just kicked them both out and been done with it.

353453862_236469525795405_3798672903693049002_n.jpg

As you can see a lightening storm is an issue. I'm sure other visitors at the Pete have been in the same unsafe situation.
While the Eagles headed into a " I assume" a top notch locker room with bathroom/ showers, snacks, trainers the visitors option is to gather underneath the bleachers or hot foot it across the street.
It ain't a good look.

I wonder how many of the SMTTP people were angered by Kentucky hosting with no hotels off campus when their school didn't have facilities that the school themselves had control over?

Reactions: Volfan1000
It ain't a good look.

The funniest part was they forced us out of the bleachers, so a lot of folks were standing under the huge pine trees….

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back